The New Logo

The New Logo

Saturday, November 29, 2008

"Hey Coach, It's Plax... Yeah, I Shot Myself."

Plaxico Burress was already out this week against the Redskins because he was nursing a hamstring injury but now he has more to worry about as he shot himself in the leg?!

I mean I understand there are accident with guns but you would think that most people would know if the gun was loaded plus how to hold a gun. The good news is it isnt life threatening as it went through the muscle not hitting any arteries or bones. Once again, Burress continues to create distractions which is something that has been a theme this year. I wonder if the Giants get a good trade offer for Burress, they would consider doing it. I think Burress is an absolute threat as a player but isnt a guy I would want to have in my locker room.

I am disappointed in Burress though as Thursday was the one year death anniversary of Sean Taylor. To lose another superstar like Burress would be detrimental especially if it was on complete accident. Now ESPN has written articles on how players are protecting themselves more so these days after Taylor's death. That's something I can understand but if they have guns, they better make sure they know how to use them.

I hope Plax recovers quickly.

-Charlie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha great title

Anonymous said...

also, good call on the denver-jets game