The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

NFL Picks Week 10

Now that there are Thursday games thanks to the NFL Network, I have to make my picks a couple days in advance. Like always I will try to keep both NFL and NCAA on the front page until the weekend is over.

Denver (4-4) at Cleveland (3-5)- The first NFL Network game without Bryant Gumbel! Just fantastic news. I will probably watch some of this one because I am Brady Quinn fan and hope he does well although this game is a do/die for the Browns and I think thats too much pressure for an inexperienced QB to handle. DEN 28-24

New Orleans (4-4) at Atlanta (5-3)- One of the better matchups of the weekend and I think this game will come down to the complete wire as both teams are very equal as the Falcons are proving they are more legit every week. For Sepi, I will take the Falcons. ATL 24-21

Tennessee (8-0) at Chicago (5-3)- I am sure Bears' fans are ecstatic to have Rex Grossman back in the driver's seat. Granted Kyle Orton has said he might play on Sunday but I really think he is just keeping up to hopes of Bears' fans all over. Sexy Rex proves why he's been riding the pine all year. TEN 24-10

Jacksonville (3-5) at Detroit (0-8)- File the Jags as the most disappointing team of 08 so far as they lost to the winless Bengals last weekend and get another cupcake this week. Not to mention, Daunte Culpepper is once again a starting QB (I can only hope he does the roll again) They will not lose this one and if they do, Jack Del Rio is on the definite hot seat. JAX 27-10.

Seattle (2-6) at Miami (4-4)- I cant believe the Phins have won four games and seeing as any team that comes East plays like shit. I see the Dolphins getting over .500, happy times in Miami. MIA 31-20

Green Bay (4-4) at Minnesota (4-4)- I am not one to usually complain about power rankings but ESPN has the Pack 14th! Are you joking me? They just took the top team to overtime, cmon now at least throw them in the 8-12 range. I think they have some confidence and are ready to deliver the sweep to the Vikings. GB 31-17

Buffalo (5-3) at New England (5-3)- This is a big game to prove if the Bills are a complete fraud or do they have some staying power. It pains me to say this but I think Buffalo will suffer their third straight defeat to an AFC East opponent. NE 27-20

St. Louis (2-6) at New York Jets (5-3)- Does Brett Favre have an easier schedule? Jeeze, gets another cupcake this weekend as the Jets should roll after I foolishly put an ounce of faith in the Rams. NYJ 34-14

Baltimore (5-3) at Houston (3-5)- Texans played pretty solid last week against the Vikes and I think the Ravens record doesnt show how easy their schedule has been. I think they could likely win but I got the Texans in an upset. HOU 20-17

Carolina (6-2) at Oakland (2-6)- See below why the Raiders might not win a game for the rest of the year. The Panthers will continue to build on their good record. CAR 31-3

Indianapolis (4-4) at Pittsburgh (7-2)- Do we really have to watch these teams again in primetime? I dont mind the Colts but the Steelers are on every frickin' weekend, I cant take it anymore. For that reason, I will take the Colts in an upset as I think the motivation will pull them through. IND 20-17

Kansas City (1-7) at San Diego (3-5)- The Chargers better not overlook the Chiefs this weekend because I really think the Chiefs are better than their record shows. Although it could be a just day for San Diego fantasy owners. SD 35-17

New York Giants (7-1) at Philadelphia (5-3)- An always bitter NFC East rivalry and I think this will be down to the wire. The Eagles need a big performance out of their defense but I really think their O-line isnt up to par to keep up with the Giants d-line. NYG 24-14

San Francisco (2-6) at Arizona (5-3)- I wonder if Mike Singletary will show his ass again this weekend? This game will be a long boring game for Monday Nighter as the Cards should roll. ARI 35-16

No comments: