The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, November 3, 2008

Brewers News and Notes

My weekly Brewer updates for all you fans out there. So I was at a pizza place in Eau Claire Saturday night and saw the racing sausages flying down Water Street. Just plain awesome but here are some things that are happening around the Brewers

1. Dale Sveum, Mr. Easter Miracle as he called by Coach has been hired to be the hitting coach. I personally like the decision made even if it might be pretty awkward between Ken Macha and him but I liked Sveum style at the end of the season plus I think he is there to smooth things over with the players as well.

2. Mike Maddux bolts to Texas after they offer a deal he "couldnt refuse". Well I know Texas damn well needed a good pitching coach after how horrendous they have been in the past couple of years. I will miss the stache :( and they better find a solid replacement maybe Leo Mazzone?

3. They have made an offer to CC which is 5 years 100 million, I think thats all the Brewers can do which isnt a bad offer but its too bad he will get the world from the New Yorks, and LA. But maybe he really does like it here in Milwaukee and would want to stay here.

4. The Brewers extended their option on Mike Cameron which upset some but I ask you how much better could the Brewers have done? The Yankees were interested in Cameron so that proves he still has some worth plus I think they will push him in spring training with Gabe Kapler.

Thats all for now

-Charlie.

No comments: