The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, November 24, 2008

Benching McNabb Isnt the Answer

First off let me say the picks for NCAA/NFL will be up tomorrow some time during the day/night because I am traveling on Wednesday and well eating all the turkey I can on Thursday. Second off, this is one of the best "entertainment" days ever for me as watched the Entourage finale (fantastic.) and Kanye West's new CD came out (genius.)

Lets get on with the article, if you didnt catch it the Eagles decided yesterday to bench Donovan McNabb at halftime and now is back as a starter for Thursday night battle with the Arizona Cardinals. Andy Reid said today "Sometimes you need to take a step back, to take a step forward." But see what Reid doesnt realize is its his play calling that is costing his team victories in the past couple weeks. I am not saying that Reid deserves to get fired but his seat should definitely be getting warm as five times in the last couple games he has passed on 3rd and 1! You have Brian Westbrook whose arguably one of the best backs in the league and you pass on short yardage?! I just dont get it.

Also I have never been a fan of McNabb but I think when he was at his premier best was when he had a good receiving core which was only for a mere three years then when Terell Owens left so did McNabb's career. I know thats a hard pill to swallow for some of you who might hate T.O. but its the absolute truth. He never has a top-flight reciever to throw the ball and in my opinion thats what he needs to be ultimately successful. He isnt up there with the Mannings, Favres, and Bradys of the world for that exact reason.

Now the best question is will Donovon McNabb show up on Thursday?

-Charlie.

No comments: