The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Guy Giving Love to the Big 10

Everyone in the media rips the Big 10 no matter who you talk they absolute hate watching the Big 10 and dont want to see them near the BCS championship after the last two years of Ohio State getting their asses kicked by the SEC. Granted, it might not be the best conference but I still think its some of the most enjoyable football to watch.

If you arent from the Midwest, you might think I am crazy and a lot of this has to do with my dad who still thinks nothing better than watching Big 10 football which usually I agree with. Because in my opinion, you cannot get better than watching two teams who usually hate each other just hitting them in the mouth on every play.

Granted, Texas-Texas Tech was an amazing game but Iowa-Penn State was right up there with it because for me it was a Big 10 game and having friends at the game who called me going nuts about the victory over the number three team in the nation was real special for me.

Despite both of their blowout losses last weekend, how about Minnesota and Northwestern? No one saw them having a bowl-eligible season in the Big 10 this year and they get no love from the media because its the Big 10. If this was a team like Mississippi State or for example Kentucky last year, the media hangs on those teams every move.

You might ask Chuck why do you hate on Big 10 basketball? Well its very simple, I just enjoy my basketball differently than my football. I never grew up watching the Badgers, i was born on Marquette and North Carolina so those are polar opposites than Big 10 basketball.

But thats another story for another time.

-Charlie.

No comments: