The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, November 3, 2008

AI Headin to Motown; Billups Back Home

The first major trade in the NBA went down and we arent even a full week into the NBA.

If you have been watching ESPN at all today, you will realized that Allen Iverson has been traded to the Detroit Pistons and Chauncey Billups, Antonio McDyess, and Cheikh Samb all go to the Nugguts.

One of the first things I did was text my buddy Shay whose a huge Carmelo Anthony fan and said "the Nuggets became a contender again." He agreed of course but I really do believe they have vaulted themselves into the top five because they got Billups who is a top-tier defender plus he is an assist machine instead of being a shoot-first Allen Iverson. That also frees up guys like Anthony, and J.R. Smith. I really like the Nuggets chances in the West.

As for the Pistons, I dont understand how AI and Rasheed Wallace plan to coexist in Detroit. I mean it would make for a great VH1 reality show but not really a good mix of basketball players. Marc Stein on ESPN reported that Dumars has always been fond of AI ever since the year 2000 and that new Bucks GM John Hammond was the guy holding back deals for Iverson because if you remember when Philly was throwing his name around, Detroit was one of the interested suitors. I like Cleveland's chances more and more to be the number two in the East instead of Detroit because of this deal. The only real positive for Detroit is I think you will see Jason Maxiell will become a prime time player for Detroit.

-Charlie.

1 comment:

Mitch Pratt said...

Dude, this trade is idiotic on Detroit's behalf. Why would they trade one of the best clutch men in the league, and someone who is about the team, for someone who is a me guy.

Mitch