The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Usian=Insane

As you can see, I did make it out of the weekend with much haziness as you could really ask for. I decided to write about a couple posts today because today was a significant day in sports that arent really considered a major three.

I was flipping through the channels on Saturday afternoon and I came across NBC's coverage of the Track and Field World Championships which hyped up Usian Bolt vs. Tyson Gay on Sunday. I already knew this was must watch TV and it stepped up to the plate.

Usian Bolt, the sprinter from Jamaica today in Berlin at the World Championships ran a world-record 9.5 100 meter dash today. Are you kidding me? Also I really would be hard-pressed to find another athlete that is more dominating at his sport. Yes its a just a short race but no one is even coming close to Bolt in these races. He is our best athlete today and no one gives this guy any recognition. The reason, its a four year sport. We only give a damn about track and field when the Summer Olympics are going on At this point, I am convinced that Bolt may be able to beat cheetah in a race.

The other thing I think we have to consider is finding a guy like Irv Blitzer and talking Bolt into creating his own Jamaican Bobsled team. Then every two years, he would be the man winning gold for Jamaica in two sports instead of one. He could also get third place finisher Asafa Powell to join as well. No one would be able to compete with that combo.

-Charlie.

No comments: