The New Logo

The New Logo

Saturday, August 29, 2009

TWTW: Ohhhhhhh Ken.

TWTW: The Week That Was basically a title for me in case I miss a week in sports. I wouldnt say that its a big week but you should have atleast six posts from me. If you see the acronym then you know thats whats going on.

The first post really needs to start with a Brewer rant. Despite the win tonight, I finally came to the realization that all hope was lost when we lost a depressing thirteen inning game on Tuesday night and then put the exclaimation point on it when we were swept by the Cincinati Reds whose team has more injuries than Vietnam 1971. Can we be honest and say that the whole blame falls on manager Ken Macha?

If you have been watching in the past month, the Brewers cannot manage the late innings to save their souls. The bullpen is clearly overworked which is leading to more runs being scored and that puts us at a severe disadvantage. These last two series have been the first time that I have seen Miller Park look like circa 2003. Which just proves my point on how fairweather the Southeastern part of Wisconsin is with their baseball. Now all eyes lie on the Pack Attack with good reason due to their preseason play.

Lets get back to Tuesday and Macha. I was at a friends house just drinking having a good time when I heard the Brewers made this monumental comeback and they were headed to extra innings after Ryan Braun was throwed out at home (reason #8424 why Brad Fischer will not have a job in the Brew City). I sprint to a local bar to watch the finish because I thought if we win thsi game then it might be something special. Thankfully, they had 1.75 Miller Lites or the night would have been a complete waste of time. It just seems in the first couple extras like I am going to be sitting at this bar to sun up watching the Crew and then Macha strikes with leaving Todd Coffey in for a third inning when Mike Burns/Carlos Villanueva could go. I mean cmon how easy to realize that we have two former starters in your pen who are fresh and you throw Coffey for a third inning.


Two homers later, I just decided to call it a season. I will watch the Brewers still but there is no hope for the playoffs. Just another late season collapse, damnit.

-Charlie.

No comments: