The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Carter/Pleasant Duo... Please Stop Crying.

Granted it is middle of August so you wouldnt think many people would be excited for football to start in the college and professional ranks furthermore even care about stories going on right now. But the Wisconsin Badgers are dealing with big time drama right now that really shouldnt even be going on.

A couple days ago, Head Football Coach Bret Bielema had suspended both senior safeties Shane Carter and Aubrey Pleasant for the rest of training camp for violating the UW-Madison Student Code. Given the Coach's excuse, you might scratch your head a bit but its his decision he can do what he wants really. The families of both Carter and Pleasant said no so fast demanding an explanation on why their baby boys are home for the rest of the summer.

Let me first begin with its Division I Football! I think Dan Hawkins says it best really because you can clearly see that Carter/Pleasant realize that they arent starting at safety. Tried of the same old bullshit after their fifth year of camp therefore leading to them probably being a problem down at Madison. Its clear to me that maybe Bielema just got fed up and lost his temper with Carter/Pleasant telling them to not return.

Trust me I have seen things like this happen at the high school and college levels. When seniors arent getting playing time in training camp, they become the biggest distractions due to the fact they no longer give a damn about all these kids below them. I can guarantee you that Carter and Pleasant both feel they have earned a starting spot which is false seeing as Carter hits like a fifth grader.

Whoops I have to be careful, I might get sued by big bad fifth year players. Suck it up man, respect your coach. I am with Bielema 100% until he proves me wrong on this one.

-Charlie.

No comments: