The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Brett... This is War.

Man. I wrote this article on 7/29 acting like a little kid who has the cooler bike saying "Nah Nah Nah" and I really thought that Brett Favre would never come back. He was going to just enjoy being retired probably do some TV for Fox or his lovers on ESPN (not named Cris Carter or Mark Schelerth). Oh how wrong I was. Jay Glazer talked about rumblings yesterday of Favre coming back possibly and now he signed to a two year 25 million dollar deal with the Minnesota Vikings. Like I said in the title this is war and all respect is lost for you Brett.

I get the some of you who think that he is just a guy who wants to play football still but that doesnt excuse the fact that Brett decided to skip training camp acting like he was going to be retired. Once the games were started to be played then Brett Favre decides well I think I am going to come back. Forget that the Vikings said that Favre couldnt come to the Land of 844 Lakes if he didnt show up for mini camps or training camps. Forget that Brad Childress and others claim that they were moving on from Favre. Simply put, the Vikings are now owned by Favre. Brad Childress isnt the head decision maker, its Brett Favre. He is telling them what to do in every instance.

I saw this on Twitter from Bill Simmons but this video probably describes how all of us Packer fans feel right now. No one in the professional wrestling world would ever think that Hogan would be a "heel" or a bad guy then when he joined the N.W.O. leg dropping Randy Savage ended that opportunity. There were many fans who hated Hogan for years after that incident. Thats what Favre has become. Honestly, the New York Jet experience we could all put it behind us and say it was a mistake. Now that he is a Viking everything is out the door.

"If you are a true Packer fan, you would understand to keep playing football"-Brett Favre. Are you kidding me Brett? Everybody who you knew as a Packer fan would tell you how much they hated the Vikings and the Bears. How those were the games we need to win every year. Also remember all the hateful things the Vikings fans said to you? Cmon man we all know that is a bunch of bullshit. They now accept you because they know you are their only chance at a possible Super Bowl.

Moving on to that topic, people are now suddenly believers in Brett Favre and Vikings to be the favorite the NFC. Forget the fact that they are playing with a forty year old quarterback no matter who he is. Forty years old unless their name is Nolan Ryan usually dont cut it in sports. Also remember that Brett has choked in the playoffs since he has won the Super Bowl in 1996. He couldnt close out any games in the playoffs which not all can be put on Favre yet he didnt do the things for us to pull away. Looking back on the Fourth and 26th game, we had many opportunities to win that game although Favre couldnt get it done. That allowed for Ed Dontell to become the scapegoat.

The other thing about the Vikings is their run defense is probably the one of the most overrated things in football. All you have to do is looking at either of the Packer games from last year or the playoff game against Philadelphia where Brian Westbrook piercing through the Williams Fat Boys. The secondary has always been lackluster at best so I really dont have any faith in the Vikings defense. Also the big question remains will Adrian Peterson get the carries that he rightly deserved? Favre dictated this whole thing so far therefore who knows what will actually happen. We wont know until the first two weeks.

I dont wish injury on Brett Favre. Early today I said that to E that "I hope Atari goes high, and Desmond Bishop goes low breaking Brett like Marty from Not Another Teen Movie." I think that is a bit extreme to wish he gets hurt but do I hope that Favre has about 5 TAINTS in two games against the Pack? You bet your ass. I am not going to cheer on Favre in anything he does because simply put he is a Viking. The only time when the Vikes have my support is when they are on my fantasy football team which is still pretty tough to do.

I said way back in March of 2008 that 'losing Favre must be the way Chicago felt after MJ left both times, Larry Bird leaving Boston or the whole NHL for Wayne Gretzky.' Now its like Roger Clemens pitching in Fenway in the Yankee pinstripes when Favre heads into Lambeau on November 1st. I dont think even Red Sox's fans can understand the pain that alot of us are feelings. Anyone who is in the age range of 18-25 saw Brett Favre as their hero going through childhood. They dawn Favre jerseys seeing him as the closest thing to God. Now he wants to beat that team twice? Also take one of our rival to the Super Bowl? Damnit that hurts so bad.

Now I am going up to Eau Claire, Wisconsin on Saturday which in my opinion will be a war zone of Packer/Viking fans who will be at each other throats until the bitter end. I personally cannot wait for both Packer wins and a division title.

-Charlie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Charlie,

Long time reader, first time commenter. I just felt the need to respond because I think you have nailed the sentiment of most level-headed Packer fans right now. The whole "If you are a true Packer fan, you would understand" comment - that got a "oh fuck you" response from me. Are you fucking kidding me, Favre? You were bigger than Jesus in Green Bay, you ran the whole goddamn team, and you think you know what it feels like to be a Packers fan? We had to put up with your teenage-girl indecisive summer bullshit for the last three years, and you now know how a Packer fan feels? You might not want to wish injury on him Charlie, but let me make this clear: Tear your ACL, Brett, and do it on Monday Night Football, you giant pussy.

As I said in my interview with you a couple of weeks ago, I feel that Favre died a long time ago, now I feel like he's risen from the dead and I'm ready to dispose of zombified Brett yet again. This time, I'm beating and burning him, just like they told me to in "Night of the Living Dead". That Jets season seems so tame now - The Vikings? The funny thing is that I CAN believe it. This is the kind of diva bullshit I've come to expect from Favre.

Enjoy him, Minnesota. He's your fucking problem now.

Sorry to rage in your blog, Charlie. Just needed to vent (and my brother is a Favre fan so he's been antagonizing me all day).