The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, August 13, 2009

PGA Championship Picks

Well I didnt pick for the British Open due to a busy week but there is not a chance in hell I would have picked Stewart Cink. In addition, I would of probably took Tiger Woods like the other two tournaments but I have decided that I will refuse to pick Tiger even though I think he will win it this weekend. I just dont want to jinx Tiger at this point. My dad theory seems to be spot on about Tiger, he felt he didnt play in enough tournaments and that was the reason why he couldnt win the big ones. Now he has seemed to figure it out playing in his third straight tournament. Here are my picks not named Tiger...

1. Steve Stricker- It might be biased but I think that Stricker has one of the best shots of winning this title. He has been consistent with the putter this year and needs to have his iron play work for him if he wants to win. The other big thing is his third round because he seemed to struggle in the majors in "Moving Day" as they like to call it.

2. Padraig Harrington- You have to talk about Paddy for the sole fact that he played so well until the last three holes. Harrington was the least clutch I have seen him in the last three to five years when Tiger was breathing down his neck. If Tiger isnt around on Sunday and Harrington is, I think he could easily win this thing.

3. Sean O'Hair- Another guy I could file under "Dont want to see Tiger on Sunday afternoon" once again if Woods isnt around he could be contending for a title. He is an all-around good golfer who seems to do all the little things right. Look for him to sneak up on people this week.

4. Hunter Mahan- This is ESPN's favorite and for good reason because he has been on top of the leader boards all year. When he putts well, its right up there with Tiger-like so that immediately helps his cause. Mahan is another who is known to blow up from time to time therefore he needs to stay consistent.

5. Anthony Kim- This is probably my wild card for the Hazeltine weekend but you gotta give some love to Kim. He is probably one of the most exciting player in golf right now as hard as that might sound to you. Kim I think is too streaky to win a major but I really hope he does win one soon.

-Charlie.

No comments: