The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Brewer Hiatus Over... Still the Same

Unfortunately for me, its back to talking about the Milwaukee Brewers and things havent got any better since we last talked about the Crew. I am done for awhile at least bitchin about the Brewers for the sole reason of I have finally lowered my expectations and just dont expect too much.

I realize with fifty-eight games left that the Brewers would probably have to go somewhere in the range of 37-21 to get a playoff spot if we are lucky and to me I just cannot see that happening. Therefore I am hoping that they get to eighty wins so E can pay me ten dollars which I will spend on Brett for the Chicago Cubs finishing ahead of us in the division.

In situations such as this one you really want to blame someone and at one point last week I wanted to throw General Manager under that bus yet now I realize that not every season will be like last year. As Brewer fans, I think we have to realize that we are not the Boston Red Sox or the New York Yankees where every year we are making push plus dealing at the end of July. You hope that every year you will be in the playoffs but when you have a team like the Crew does now, you have to understand that injuries happen destroying most teams.

Rickie Weeks getting injuried was easily the worst thing that happened to the Brewers. Weeks was on his way to an All-Star game and we finally had a lead off hitter who was setting the table for Ryan Braun/Prince Fielder like it was nobody business. If we dont lose Weeks, I think there would be a lot of the 10-8 games which the pitching staff we have. Still Weeks would have helped keep us in some ball games.

On to the pitching which again falls under the injury category. If Dave Bush doesnt get a vicious rocket shot off his arm who knows where the Crew might be. At that time, Manny Parra was struggling mightily but no one else was. Then as Bush pitching got worse, it appears the whole staff just slumped even more. His injury plus Jeff Suppan's injury is the death knelt for this team.

You can say that I quit on the Brewers but to be honest, I hope they got on some massive run pulling themselves into the race on September 1st. But I just cant wait for that to happen because I have been waiting since June.

-Charlie.

No comments: