The New Logo

The New Logo

Saturday, August 29, 2009

TWTW: Rockies Arent Rocky...

There are a couple things I have learned about baseball in the past couple of years... You never bet that the Brewers will do anything because you will end up losing that bet, the Florida Marlins/ Colorado Rockies are never out of it especially Colorado in the past couple of years. Not only are they closing in on a Wild Card but a chance for a National West title which no one would have believe in the early part of June.

I still remember when the Rockies were just starting their winning ways when they ventured to Miller Park with a five or six game winning streak. I remember telling my dad "I cant believe the Rockies swept the Cards, ready to sell off their team and now they start winning, cant wait to take it to them." My dad goes "Never count a team out whose hot." Well I shouldn't have because it was Colorado who went on a massive run and that sweep was the turn for the worse for the Crew.

Now I think the Rockies might be next to the St. Louis Cardinals because for some reasons, they found the craziest ways to win. The whole team has a "Never Say Die" attitude about them and it has worked so far with their crazy winning streak in September 2007 now their willingness to win any game they play.

They may have a rag-tag guys of starting pitchers with Ubaldo Jimenez and Jason Marquis heading the staff with Huston Street reviving his career to shut the door for the Rockies. Granted of course when I post something like this they on the verge of losing the Wild Card lead. Like I said before, Never Say Die.

-Charlie.

No comments: