The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Josh Hamilton Takes a Shot for Soberity

I understand that some of you may find me cruel for the title but to be honest I will explain why I am alright with Texas Rangers Josh Hamilton's "lapse in sobriety" because things could be alot worse.


If you have not seen the pictures of Josh Hamilton getting aggressive (via Deadspin) then you are truly missing out. Granted people have came out and said that he had no drink in hand at any of the pictures although just looking at the guy he looks completely hammered. He has been sober since 2005 and had committed his life to Jesus saying he would never do any of the things that drove him out of the league.

Well he screwed up thats for sure but I cant imagine how hard it must be for Hamilton with temptations throughout the year. He plays on a fairly young team who probably enjoys going out and Hamilton could be going out every night with these guys. Instead he heads home to his wife and kids enjoying his sober life.

Although here is my big time BUT. It isnt like he is doing lines off some hooker in Las Vegas or getting high on pain pills. If you read about his battles with drugs, he was doing ten times worse things to his body than alcohol. The bigger issue I have is the fact that he is doing shots off women that arent Mrs. Hamilton. I mean there are a lot of athletes in professional sports that cheat on their wives and you dont if Hamilton took any of those girls home although I think we could all make our own assumptions if she were to divorce him.

I have made the point many times that "athletes shouldn't be a role model for kids" and Hamilton shouldnt be looked at any differently unless he falls deeper.

-Charlie.

No comments: