The New Logo

The New Logo

Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Sitdown with Ron...

Probably the funniest thing I read all week and in typical Ron fashion this about a week late. I have another interview waiting which will probably go up on Monday. Anyways this is a great read and as you can see the questions are a bit dated, enjoy.

1. Alright Ronnie, I will give you a softball in the first question... How critical was this latest Brewer's home stand?

Well first of all Curtis, I must say that I am quite honored to even be considered for an interview on your site. I've been following you here at Curtis' Cranny for a couple months now and I must say this is truly sports knowledge I wished I had. You do solid work, Curt. (Is it cool if I call you Curt?). Really though, I'm sorry that my interview has taken me kind of long to complete but I've been real busy watching Starbury TV. If $15 sneakers made by asian slave kids wasn't enough to make him your favorite athlete, starbury tv should definitely do it. Anyways onto the questions...

It was extremely critical, and quite frankly, it could be remembered as the home stand that pretty much determined the Brewer's season. The pitching, especially starting, has been horrendous and it's become apparent that there are just way too many holes on this team to fix through trade. 2-4 so far and the best they can do is a split with the AAAA Natinals. To sum it all up, It makes me want to jump through a window.

2. In your opinion, do the Brewers make another move before the deadline? In addition, quick thoughts on Felipe Lopez?

It's tough to call, Clint. So much has changed with the direction of this team the past couple of weeks. We looked like certain buyers not long ago, even dating back to the Lopez trade a week ago and now our pitching is so bad that we may sell a little bit at the deadline. I doubt we will actually be sellers, but one player I wouldn't mind seeing go is JJ Hardy. Trade him for some pitching, then bring up Alcides and give him a go at SS and have Counsell fill in when needed. Plus, think of all the trashy/annoying/fat chicks who only like Hardy that may not come to games anymore. As Michael Scott would say, that's a win-win-win situation.
My quick thoughts on Lopez are that he's a solid all-around player who has done well so far in a Brewer's uniform. It's just too bad that much his work so far has been for naught mainly because of the pitching. Although he's not likely to stick around past this year cause of Weeks, I do think an extension is something the front office should, at the very least, look into.

3. With the recent Brew-ha-ha with the Pirates, I am convinced Milwaukee is one of the toughest teams in the MLB in terms of fighting, do you agree and who could be better than them?

I most certainly agree, Carl and the simple answer to the second part is no one. If the invention of my "Bench Clearing Brawls" video game ever comes to fruition, I definitely think the '09 Brewers will be one of my legendary teams. Just take a look at that lineup, there's at least three 99, if not 100 overalls, in there with Fielder, Kendall, and Cameron. Not to mention, guys like McGehee, McClung, Stan Kyles (coaches would be included), Dale Sveum, Weeks, and Cameron. I could go all day because just about everybody on that team is a certified ass-whooper However, I'd probably fire Macha in the first week, cause he's just non-confrontational and doesn't like to fight. There would be no room for that in "Bench Clearing Brawls" the video game.

4. How would you explain the Crew losing during the day games? Are they partying with you too often when they are at home or what?

Me and the Brewers know how to get down, Sammy. But I don't think that's the reason, I think it's a combination of bad luck and the shadows caused by the stadiums layout. The players have made it known that they hate the presence of the shadows. However, the Brewers did win their most recent day game and I would like to credit that to the presence of Hornswoggle. So my simple solution is just bring Hornswoggle in for every day game. Problem solved, Calvin, problem solved.

5. With Braun's big day on Wednesday are you expecting a big home stand from Braunie himself?

I answered yes when you initially sent me this and now a week later, it's looking good. Braunie really heated up during this home stand and he's just about the only player that played consistently well during it. It's so weird but that guy should never change his at bat song from "Go Getta." He gets rid of it and goes into a slump, then he brings it back and gets really hot. I don't know what the song does for him, but it's borderline-freaky. Maybe it's just me though, I'm not sure if anybody else has even noticed that. Anybody agree?

6. How big of a threat do you see the Houston Astros as in the NL Central

Not much of one, their pitching is not very good similar to the Brewers. I just don't see them keeping it up, too many holes in their rotation and especially bullpen. Last of all, I don't know if this fits here, but thank god we didn't sign Carlos Lee long term. The guy is good, just not worth what we were going to give him and we'd have no where to put people.

7. Keeping on with the Central, How big of a difference does Matt Holiday make for the Cardinals? I mean the protection behind Albert Pujols would be nuts.

He makes a difference and all, but I really don't think it's as big as some people are making it out to be. If you look at the numbers Holliday is really not having that spectacular of a year. He's had a pretty good past month or so and don't get me wrong, I think he's a good player. Its just that I believe Coors Field inflated his numbers a bit, as it has done for many in the past. I linked an article when you posted about the deal that you can use as reference as why it may not be that good of a trade. Anywho, I picture him turning out like Jeffrey Hammonds post-Rockie. I kid, I kid. But we can hope.

8. I am stealing this from ESPN but do you think the Los Angeles Dodger fans have been too welcoming to Manny Ramirez?

Stealing something from ESPN is never a good idea, Chris. That's like stealing jokes from Carlos Mencia, which either means somebody has already used it or it's a huge piece of shit. In this case, I think this question is a huge piece of shit. Too welcoming? What does that even mean? I see nothing wrong with fans getting very excited about a player like Manny, it happens all the time in just about every sport.. ESPN is trying to make much ado about nothing cause he ditched their beloved Red Sox. If this was the Yankees or the Red Sox that worshipped a player like Manny, which they have in the past, ESPN would be going just as crazy. Were any fans ever more annoying than Red Sox fans during their World Series run two years ago? I mean were talking about the same network that follows the every move of any Yankees player. "Too welcoming" is the hard-on Steve Berthiaume gets when Baseball Tonight has a phone-in with a member of the Yanks or "the nation" as he so ridiculously calls the Red Sox. Dodger fans have done nothing wrong, ESPN can go suck it.

9. I ask this question in the last interview but we will do it again... right now whose your world series matchup and do the Crew make the playoffs?

Even though the Phils just got Lee, I still see the Dodgers from the NL. And from the AL I'm going to pick the Yankees, as much as I hate to. In the case of the Brewers, it doesn't look good. But have I ever been one to quit on them? Hell no, I will never jump off that bandwagon. So with all that, you heard it here first Chuck---- the Brewers are going to rise from the dead and shock the world to take the NL Central this year! YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN!

10. Now move on the NFL, can you explain better than I can earlier this week, how can ESPN not cover the Big Ben stuff until so late? And do you think anything will come out of it?

Cause they suck, Cameron, cause they suck. ESPN is garbage all around, unfortunately it's just about all there is to watch for around-the-clock sports. As for the second part, it's a civil suit so he won't get jail time or anything and also the woman seems kind of crazy. Side note, she was pretty ugly too IMO. Probably like a 5. So even if it was consensual, still fairly embarrassing that a pro qb settled for that.

11. Since you have a ton of time sitting on your ass, I figure you are watching SportsCenter who are you more sick of hearing Michael Vick or Brett Favre?
They're both annoying, but how can you not say Favre? So repetitive and overplayed. At least he's staying retired though.

12. Moving on to the NBA, Lebron James getting dunked on was about as disappointing as your video game play, and now does Nike look like big idiots for taking this tape away?
Huge low-blow, you've gone too far. I refuse to answer this question, Lewis.

13. Tim Tebow: Do you love him, hate him, respect him but still dislike him, what are your thoughts on every body's golden boy?
Honestly, I don't really care about the guy. He seems nice though, we'd probably get along if we ever met.

14. When are you getting Twitter or a blog so you have some to plug?
I don't know exactly when or if, Ian. But I would like to garner some plug for my new movie coming out the next month. It's called Posse, and basically it's about this hip actor living big in Hollywood. But it's more than just that, it's an action-packed two hours that hinges on whether on not this hip actor will get the big role in the next huge movie. I can't tell you what happens next, you'll have to see it for yourself. You'll probably be surprised. Macaulay Culkin from those Home Alone flicks plays the agent, really funny guy. He'll bring lots of big laughs.

My final parting words though are this --- in the notorious tree house bathroomgate incident that took place in the late 20th century, Doz was the one that took the shit under the tree house. Although I was there at the time, I am fully innocent. I know now that my name with be cleared thanks to you, Derek! Keep up the good work!

-Charlie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it was Ron who dumped under the treehouse.
- Doz