The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Running Blog of Opening Day

I figure its only fair that I like the fans of Chuck's Corner experience my Opening Day trip against the Cubs with Ron, Doz, Steve, Ted, and Ted's friends.

11:40- I arrive at Doz's house with a gym bag full of drinks and mixers ready for the long day ahead of us.

11:45- Doz as always happy to see me and even happy when I show him what my mom bought for us-Fritos, Wavys Ruffles, and French Onion Dip.

11:50-We pack the car like migrant workers in California and start our journey to Miller Park as I said "Fuck the Cubs" in leaving the house, I knew it would be a good day.

12:00-"Born to Run" is the CD of choice for the trip and Ted's friend Joe believes that the song "Ten Avenue Freeze Out" is actually "Tell the Devil to Freeze Out." Ted and I laugh in astonishment of this and keep playing the song.

12:20-After meeting up with Ted's friends, we are in line to start our tailgate when we notice some great looking girls in the BMW figuring they are pretty rich

12:22-Ted is calling his friends in front of us to get the prospects of the girls in the beamer. Its looking good at this point

12:23- The Beamer girls are turned away with no parking pass, damn you Brewers. Ted tells the guy "Thanks for fucking up the day."

12:40-The grill gets going, Springsteen is still going strong and Suds team is starting to get going. Doz challenges Joe to a drinking duel only to get turned down, Doz is disappointed.

12:50-I start off small with a hot dog with secret sauce although I went with too much sauce with some ending up on Joe's sweatshirt. He doesnt realize and I hope he never did.

1:05- Then we go with a burger and so on, I went on a tour of all meats.... Hot Dogs to Burgers to Brats to Spicy Italians.

1:15- You probably know this if you go to a large tailgate, you find alternate ways to take a piss. Most of our group goes in the back seat in an assortment of beer bottles

1:50- We keep eating and so on with Steve deciding he wanted to take a piss like a normal person going to a port-a potty. Since we have to meet up with some friends, we just decided to go for it.

2:00-The line is monumental. I immediately regret this decision and think about the backseat so much more now. Steve convinces me that this is still a good idea.

2:06-I still think this is a bad idea but we start to complain to some solid looking girls minus the one had a Cub shirt on. Whore.

2:10- Doz cant find Steve and I. This become a problem when I couldnt hear him so I give to phone Steve, he cant hear him, hangs up the phone.

2:15- Still in line, still upset I didnt just go in the back seat. The girls also feel our pain and the guys behind us decided that we should go in pairs to speed up the process. This seems like a great idea at this point. Doz is still nowhere to be seen.

2:19-Getting closer and Doz finds us, also decides he has to go so he skips around 12-14 people behind me, just glorious. Doz also becomes aware of the doubling up idea and thinks we should do this. I tell him its a horrible idea.

2:25-A breakthrough, I get to go to the bathroom finally and it felt amazing.

2:34- We go to meet up with our friends with Doz always thinking we take a couple of road beers for the trip over. I slam two very quick and believe we are off.

2:36- I tell the guys I feel like I might be seeing my lunch so I will find them later. Note to everyone dont believe anyone if they told you I puked. Just a large burp really.

2:45- Find our friends, good to see them and we make small talk before we head into the ballpark.

3:15- The game begins and Doz said something along the lines of "Well boys this is it. Lets have a good one today." As he says that Weeks gets on with an error.

3:30- Run scores so we find our seats where Ron is patiently waiting for us.

3:55- The God of the Brewers Corey Hart jacks a solo bomb off Mr. Injury Rich Harden. 2-0 Crew. I almost fell off the railing after this homer, the blood plus the alcohol rushing to my head just wasnt a good feeling.

4:05- The Monopoly man Milton Bradley hits a solo shot in response. This is disheartening to say the least.

4:23- Doz wants food. This is a must to keep the bear happy. He asks me to go halfsies on some nuts. This is a great idea by Doz and we embark on our journey.

4:30- After looking for various restrooms to go before we divulged on the Heavenly Roasted Nuts. We find one and then find the Nut shop. We go with the large combo which features almond, pecan, and cashews.

4:34-We get back to our seats and change seating arrangements so we can enjoy the feast. Doz rates 1. Pecan 2. Cashew 3. Almond. I go with 1. Cashew 2. Pecan 3. Almond

5:05- Koyie Hill hits two run homer off Big Red Nasty. Not good at all when the guy bats like he is in Little League.

5:52- As we head to the 9th, Steve decides that we need to change to the original seats because the Brewers were winning in those seats, this is a brilliant idea.

5:58- Chris Duffy gets on base, Steve might be on to something

6:00- Rickie Weeks hits a base clearing double. STEVE IS A GENIUS. Just like that Kevin Gregg blows another one and the Brewers are tied up.

6:05- Corey Hart gets a walk but during that a wild pitch happens where Weeks takes third. Steve couldnt have been more right at this point.

6:08- Then Ryan Braun hits a grounder that deep enough to get Rickie home. We are in a frenzy, Ron begins to hug the Mexican from the Jimmy Kimmel show.

6:13-As we leave, multiple "Lets Go Brewers" and "Fuck the Cubbies" were going on and we were loving every minute of it.

6:24- Make it back to the car and Springsteen is still going strong as we have a few victory beers before the DD takes us back home.

All in all a successful Opening Day.

-Charlie.

No comments: