The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Brett Boyer Save This Article (the LBJ Lovefest)

Brett before I get going I would hope that you will save this article because I am going to give a ton of love for LeBron James for really the first time in my career as a blogger and overall. To give you a backdrop of why this all relevant, anyone including the single room's guys girlfriend we argue vehemently about whose better LeBron or Kobe? I have always been a dedicated Team Kobe guy but honestly, the torch is finally passed. LeBron is the better player.

There is no reason why LeBron James shouldnt win MVP this year. He led his team to a 39-2 record at home which is unbelievable and I really believe he feeds off the crowd reactions whether its his thunderdunks or a big three pointer. James has excelled in two places where I was always critical of him... 1. He can shoot the three with the best of them, no more LeBrick and 2. He is a great defender, he knows when to pick the pass off and can stop the dribble/drive better than most guys in the NBA right now.

The other thing that impressed me about LeBron season is he the fourth guy to lead his team in scoring, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. Are you kidding me? Thats unreal for any player in the NBA and that is how you get talks about being the next "MJ"

Speaking of MJ, he does remind of Jordan in the sense he makes his team so much better. They have alot of guys on that team who are average players but because of LeBron they are two times the better player. Without LBJ, they are a 17 win team at best.

Here is the scary part, this is tough to write but... LeBron is growing on me. I absolutely love the charisma he brings night in and night out to the arena making everyone excited to see what he does next. In addition to that, LeBron looks like he is just playing at the local gym every night with a huge smile on his face. Thats something a few players have.

Will I be cheering for LeBron? Somewhat. I would love to see Kobe versus LeBron in the Finals but when it the chips are down, I am still apart of Team Kobe, just one of the realists.

-Charlie.

No comments: