The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I am an Idiot

Silly Chuck.

I should have realized that a Big Ten would fail to show up when they are "trying to do it for Detroit." Which became the most nauseating thing watching all of the pre-game coverage or the rehashing of Magic Johnson-Larry Bird which has been on overkill since the NBA Finals last year.

I told someone that I would rather have no Big East team in the final than put an embarrassment like that. They looked scared the entire game and they couldnt stop the three point shooters especially Wayne Ellington who was making it rain more than PacMan Jones at Scores Strip Club. Goran Suton failed to show up in the second straight game and they got an fail out of Chris Allen whose been key down the stretch. At least the Milwaukee product Korie Lucious had a big game for the Spartans.

I think when we look at back at the season North Carolina had, it wasnt one of the best ever but is this in the top 10 best tourney teams ever? Absolutely. They beat every team by 10+ and there wasnt one game where they looked like they had a legitimate shot to lose the game in the second half. Tyler Hansbrough, Wayne Ellington, Ty Lawson, and Danny Green were all excellent. In addition, obviously Hansbrough is gone but I expect the rest of them to leave.

The future is still very bright with Deon Thompson, Ed Davis, and Larry Drew all returning to create a formidable team that should be in the Top 15 to start off the season. Well I said at the end of the year I would do a Marquette review and look ahead which is possible although dont be surprised if it doesnt happen.

-Charlie.

8 comments:

vivalaB10 said...

Really Chuck? You'd rather lose in the final four and elite eight (i.e.- the big east) than lose by 17 and get "embarassed" in the finals? For some reason, I doubt that. I'll even put your logic to test by using another team that got "embarassed" late in the tournament. Hmmmmm, let's go with the 2003 Marquette that got "embarassed" (just using your logic)in the final four, not even the final. Would you really tell me, being the MU fan that you are, that you would rather have had Marquette not make the final four than get beat by 30+ by Kansas in their f4 game? Until you say that, I can't take your statement about MSU seriously and rather I'll just look at it as a case of sour grapes...

Unknown said...

Really VivalaBig10. I have told people that I really hate this conversation about the conferences because its stupid and probably i shouldnt have took the dig. But with Marquette, they werent expected to win that game-Kirk Hinrich and Nic Collison were way too good that year, I dont think one person outside in Milwaukee believed in them...

With Michigan State, there was so much HYPE going into it because they took down two BE teams to get there forgetting that Carolina beat them by 30 already and how good UNC had been all tournament. Its a different story if people were crowining Carolina on Sunday. The "Dont Believe in us" factor left the buliding after the win against UConn.

vivalaB10 said...

I don't know what you were watching/reading, but from what I saw MSU really wasn't hyped up all that much. Hardly anybody truly believed they were going to win. There was a decent amount of media hype about the Detroit factor and all, but that happens every year simply because it's the media's job to create hype. Do you really expect the media to go out and say, "NC will beat MSU by 10+ in a fairly unexciting game"? No. In reality, there was probably just as many people who though MU would win 2003 as those who though MSU would win last night. I don't think I talked to or saw one person who actually thought MSU would win.

Unknown said...

Alright I should once again rephrase for you what I meant... The ESPN overhyping of the stories about Detriot and how great it would be for the city was just plain annoying. Yes, people didnt think MSU would win but they all gave them a chance. Like I said before my original comment was taken out of context.

Unknown said...

charlie lets get serious. all the hype over the big east being the "best conference in america" is the only news that has become nauseating. sure they got 8 teams in and went 17-10. thats great. but what really counts? final fours and championships my friend, thats what counts. and i dont think i need to remind you that in the last 20 years both the acc and the big ten lead the big east in the category by a considerable margin. so sure, you can have 10 of your 25 teams (or however many teams you have in that rediculously large conference) ranked in teh top 25 all year and you can get the most teams in the tournament but come talk when you start winning championships. 3 in the last like 20 years?? (UCONN 2 and Syracuse 1, am i forgeting any?? i dont think so but let me know) thats a poor showing from the "best conference in america"

Unknown said...

I cant say it enough about how I hate conference debates but the Big East has actually more championships in the last 20 years than the Big Ten. 3-2. When it comes to Final Fours the Big 10 takes it 14-9 (but you could include Marquette and Cincinati if you want).

I dont think the "Big East hype" was as annoying as everybody made it sound. But I do think that both conferences were going through a meat grinder althouh the Big East had better teams at the top throughout the year.

Unknown said...

chuck your confused. marquette and cincinatti were CUSA teams idk why your including them.

(yes, i fully realize taht they moved to the big east the next year or soon there after)

but thats like saying that obama should get credit for the market turning a month after he takes office

Unknown said...

E, I didnt include those two thats why it was only 14-9 but the comment below may have been the quote of this blog short history.