The New Logo

The New Logo

Saturday, April 18, 2009

NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs Picks

Sorry for being late on this one but I had a lot of stuff this week plus the weather got nice in Eau Claire so I wanted to enjoy that. Here's the East and I will finish the West before I begin to join the outdoors again.

(1) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (8) Detriot Pistions- Look down the page and see my article about LeBron James if you are curious, like I said in that article LeBron is playing out his mind this year and everyone around him is very successful. The Pistons do have a tough squad but I feel there is no chemistry on that team whatsoever. LeBron had 38 or so today already, the Pistons I think take one. I think its time to give Joe Dumas the boot because we wouldnt be talking about this with Chauncey Billiups. CLEVELAND in Five.

(4) Atlanta Hawks vs. (5) Miami Heat- This is hands down the best series in the East. Most people are taking the Heat because of the play of Dwayne Wade all year but does he have enough around him? Thats a big question mark right there and who on Miami's team will be able to cover Josh Smith? I really couldnt see Jermaine O'Neal being able to keep up with Smith all game long. Al Hortford play has been great down the stretch lately as well. The other thing with the Hawks is a lot of their young guys have been there before unlike Mario Chalmers and Beasley. Heres the thing because of Wade's play, he will carry them in a great series. MIAMI in seven.

(3) Orlando Magic vs. (6) Philadelphia 76ers- This is an awful series that I will probably watch a couple minutes of at best because the only thing exciting about the Magic is Dwight Howard. The thing to watch with Howard is does he have that playoff intensity? He hasnt shown it in the slightest at least last year and if they were to lose, he will be putting himself in Tracy McGrady range. The Magic have enough to get them by the Sixers . ORLANDO in six.

(2) Boston Celtics vs. (7) Chicago Bulls- Another series in the East that I will watch a good amount and I was going to write an article on Kevin Garnett's absence from the playoffs how it will hurt them especially against the Bulls who have a lot of size. Before today's events (Bulls won game 1) , I really like the Bulls who are 14-6 down the stretch and Derrick Rose proved today he isnt afraid of big game atmosphere. If Ray Allen struggles, the Celts are in big time trouble. I believe in Jesus Shuttlesworth and believe the Celtics will rite this ship. BOSTON in seven.

On to the Western Conference

-Charlie.

No comments: