The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Masters Predicitions

I know alot of you readers are not big golf fans out there but to me, there arent a lot of better things then watching Sunday at the Masters and for me, its usually with my dad. I still remember on a Saturday watching Tiger nail that chip from 16 which was unreal. So here are my personal top 5 with some thoughts.

1. Tiger Woods- Who else would it be? I think the Bay Hill Tournament proved that he can keep up with the grit and pressure on a final day on his newly repaired knee. I think if Woods has a good first day where he is in the top 10, he will win the tournament. He can ill-afford to leave his putter at him this year as that seems to be the cause of his problems at Augusta.

2. Padraig Harrington- Even though he hasnt had the year that he probably wants, the sole fact that Harrington has won the last two Majors has to mean something. He is a guy who I firmly believed if matched up with Tiger on the final day will not fold. Harrington seems to have ice in his veins when it comes to big moments.

3. Retief Goosen- The Goose hasnt got a Green Jacket yet but could keep it in the South African family with a win this weekend. He has already won this season at the Transitions Championship which is a hard course and he is the type of player that could win the Masters for sure. He is another guy who needs a good first day because he is known to implode if it doesnt happen.

4. Geoff Ogilvy-This is a guy whose playing great golf right now. He has already won a major and knows how to win although he hasnt been in the Major picture in awhile. I expect Ogilvy to contend throughout the weekend and could make a definite push by Sunday.

5. Anthony Kim- This is more of a sleeper pick an I guess according to the odds, he isnt a sleeper but to me Kim is the next great golfer. I love his confidence out there and how he really feels he is the #2 behind Tiger so I think it would be cool if Kim could get it done at the Masters this weekend.

-Charlie.

No comments: