The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, April 27, 2009

Packers Take the Draft by Storm

Well the NFL Draft is over and the one team that the immortal one Mel Kiper said had the best draft... the Green Bay Packers.

This makes me happy in so many different ways. The first real reason is because I feel the fans of the Green Bay Packers give Ted Thompson such a hard time with the way he handles the team and in my opinion, Thompson does a very nice job as GM. To me, it seems he is building a winner and he just gets a bad rap from the extremist fans. The other big reason it was so key for the Packers to have a good draft was they have the pieces to be a playoff team but they needed to add some aspects to their team; thats what happened with this draft.

The two big picks, B.J. Raji a three hundred and thirty-three pound space eater at defensive tackle then Clay Matthews a USC outside linebacker who would move into the defensive end spot every once in awhile on obvious passing downs. I love both picks, Raji will rotate with Ryan Pickett giving them two formidable defensive tackles in the middle to create havoc. Matthews I could see rotating with Poppinga and just making plays, he is an animal out of on the football field and I love the swagger he carries.

I also liked the Quinn Johnson pick, a fullback out of LSU who should start right away and Brandon Underwood out of Cincinnati seems like a solid pick-up as well.

****I am really behind with such a busy weekend in sports, I will try to be caught up by Wednesday.

-Charlie.

No comments: