The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Milwaukee Brewers Preview (Pitchers/Predictions)

Well good news my computer is back and I will be popping out articles today/tomorrow.

Here are the pitchers...
STARTERS
Jeff Suppan-If there was one guy who I worried about all last year, it was Soup. It had seemed like he lost it and really didnt have it anymore. I think he could have a good year but I wouldnt be surprised if he struggles mightily.

Yovani Gallardo- I am a huge fan of Yo always have been and contemplating getting his jersey anyways Gallardo is set to have a huge year because he can beat batters with the fastball and off speed. I wouldnt be surprised if he wins 15+

Dave Bush- This is the #1 most hated player by the fans for no reason. He has been the steady horse of the rotation for the last couple of years and Bush can be a big part of the Brewers this year. I love his curveball and hope that it continues this year.

Braden Looper- This is another guy who could either be disaster or surprisingly successful. He has had an alright spring but its been nothing special. I dont know what to expect really.

Manny Parra- A couple people who I have talked to are really worried about Parra's confidence. I am not. I really think Parra has a chance to be great this year and he could become the number two by the end of the year.

RELIEVERS
Todd Coffey-Did some nice things at the end of the year but I used to make fun of Coffey when he was with the Reds. I hope that a change of scenery was all that he needed.

Mark DiFelice-He will probably go down to the minors when Trevor Hoffman comes back from the DL but DiFelice did a great job of a long reliever last year for the most part.

David Riske- Rut roh. This is the one guy that I do not want to see in the game at all this year because of his awful spring so far. I hope that he gets released by the end of April if things do not improve

Jorge Julio- He could be this year's Guillermo Mota because he is a typical headcase from south of the border. Julio lets remember was a big time closer for the a couple years at Baltimore.

Seth McClung-The Big Red Nasty or "Ryan Bailey's older brother" I was surprised to hear that he wasnt closing in place of Hoffman but he will be used as a great 6-7th inning guy. I love the passion he brings and I hope he continues to get better.

Mitch Stetter-Another guy that I loved last year. Setter will be good in situations when we need a big out against leftys but in my opinion, Ned Yost only trusted him int those situations. I hope Setter gets an opportunity to pitch an inning or two.

Carlos Villanueva- Interesting for the Brewers this year will be how does C Villi respond to being a closer and how Villanueva does when he goes back to the 8th inning. I hope he doesnt have a "Turnbow" week when he is closing because that could spell disaster.

PREDICTION: I told some friends yesterday that I didnt like doing this because it felt biased but to be honest, I am an optimist when it comes to the Brewers. I also dont hate anyone until the season gets going. I hope to have a Brewers Weekly starting next Monday with an overall wrap up. My prediction is the Brewers will win 86 games and they will win the NL Central over the Cubs (I will explain later), I think their lineup is one of the best in the big leagues and if their pitching stays consistent including injury-free throughout the year.

-Charlie.

No comments: