The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, April 13, 2009

Brewers Weekly: In Need of some Good Soup

There will usually be some sort of theme on Brewers Weekly and this week we are going to look at Jeff Suppan. Now the "causal" or the "instant gratification" fan believes that we could just cut Soup and not deal with any of his money, thats wrong we cannot do that. Although I firmly believe change has to happen when a pitcher has given up a home run in 12 straight appearances so I hope that Doug Melvin gives him the "Eric Gagne" treatment by giving him about a month and half to figure his shit out, if that doesnt happen then he is banished to the bullpen.

Alright now for just quick thoughts on all the games this week....

Tuesday: Opening Day for me is about as exciting as anything in my boring day-to-day life. Then the sole fact we going up against the Cy Young Tim Linecum, I really wanted the Brewers to do well. I told Pratt who has a man crush on Tim, that he looks like a twelve year old girl with his longer hair now, no response from the great Mitch. Speaking of him, he wrote a pretty nice column on the game which sums it up but he does act like we got beat 20-2. The pitching just wasnt there but many positives.

Wednesday: The real ace of the staff Yovani Gallardo took the hill that night and looked superb in his six and a third inning of work. He also hit a three-run blast off Randy Johnson who looked good at his age mowing down Brewers left and right. The strikeouts were a problem all week for the Brewers and I hope by facing lesser pitching those numbers will decrease. Also Mike Cameron had a great series seeing pitches and getting a homer in this one.


Thursday: I was watching my sister play soccer but according to people I talked to, Manny Parra didnt really have his best stuff nor did the Brewers offense which only could muster four hits. My dad feels this season depends on how good Parra is and I agree with that completely. If Parra is a 12-15 game winner, we are very successful.

Friday: Read my running blog (I will link it later, I am on a library computer that sucks but for now look down the page) for the thoughts on that game. I did forget that Doz did the Stone Cold Salute to the crowd after the win which was epic to say the least.

Saturday: I know there are many of you out there who hate Dave Bush and honestly I do not know why. He pitched a consistent ball game on Saturday against the Cubs albeit I felt Manager Ken Macha should have pulled him a batter or two earlier, I still like what Bush brought to the table. The Crew was done in by some bad calls by various umpires, the awful decision not to send Corey Hart in the first inning on Prince's double especially after Milton Bradley awful throw. The Soriano homer was something we as Brewers fans should grow custom to since he kills the Brewers in Miller Park.

Sunday: Didnt watch much of this game but the "genius" Joe Morgan told me that the Brewers basically walk the park to lose this game. That cannot happen if its game 6 or game 134; there are alot of things I let slide but walks are not one of them. Then Reed Johnson is the Asshole of the Year so far for that robbery of Prince's grand slam in the sixth which would of tied the game.

-Lets hope for better win as the Crew takes on the Reds at home, then to New York to play the Mets.

-Charlie.

No comments: