The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Michigan State-UConn Preview

Need to slipt this up into two articles because I have many thoughts about the four teams. You should only be so lucky.

(2) Michigan State vs. (1) UConn- Maybe I should change this to the Huskies at the Spartans which the Final Four being 70 miles away from the East Lansing campus. I must admit I chuckled a bit when I saw my friend Pat take the Spartans to win it all this year at the beginning of the tourney but now he is looking like the tourney guru at this point.

The big matchup of the night is to see the Goran Suton versus Hasheem Thabeet battle. I think Suton has the oppertunity to dominate Thabeet because of his mobility and passing. Suton has faced enough tough big guys inside throughout his four years and is the type of player that Thabeet doesnt show up against. Doz has also mentioned to me about Tom Herzog a seldomly used seven footer who could help out.

The other thing I really like about Michigan State is their depth. When teams are deep, they become very dangerous. Take Durrell Summer for example last Sunday who hit multiple big three pointers and I really like Draymond Green off the bench for them too.

UConn needs to have a good day out of A.J. Price who has failed to show up in the last couple of games and has needed the help of Kemba Walker/Craig Austrie to bail him out like the Federal Government. I also think Stanley Robinson needs to be explosive and be a spark plug like he has since the Marquette game in late February.

When all thats said and done, I think Michigan State continues their run with big time defense and great bench play. MSU 67-60

-Charlie

No comments: