The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What I Learned from Week 12 in College Football

With school and my trip to Iowa, I didn't get to my picks once again. I know that all of you rely on who I decides win each ball games but understand that I am writing a lot for class therefore I really do not feel the need to write for fun.  I will still try to do my best in the coming weeks.

-As I referred to my trip to Iowa, probably one of the best experiences of my college life. I had an awesome time with JS and his roommates. The drinking consumes was at ridiculous levels that probably shouldnt be repeated. I enjoyed my first Cuban cigar and the finest hard liquor I have had in my life (Johnnie Walker Red). The game itself was pretty boring but Kinnick Stadium is worth seeing. Full crowd at 11 am including the student section and full of life, great experience.  I really didn't want to end.  Thank you to all who made it possible.

-The Big 12 isn't good this year.  A banged up Oklahoma team got blown out by Texas Tech.  Kansas and their angry chubby coach don't put up even a fight against Texas.  Nebraska has been inconsistent all year and they won the Big 12 North.  Texas isn't as good as people may believe. I honestly feel the National Championship is on December 5th. 

-I personally would have predicted Ole Miss over LSU had a gut feeling all week about that one.  It's a bitter lost for Tigers fans but they should realize that they had no chance in playing in a BCS game unless Florida/Alabama maybe drop two.  Still pretty hard to see them there.  Les Miles just made a mistake simple as that. 

-Ohio State and Michigan has lost its luster.  Just like Florida-Florida State, it's not a rivalry anymore because it's completely one-sided affair.  The Wolverines will be on their feet next year but the Buckeyes need to prove they can win a big game this January.

-Oregon is lucky to have won last weekend but they showed so much strength coming back all night against Arizona.  Also Stanford dream ended by California and now we have Oregon-Oregon State in the final week in two weeks. Remember I said that a conference defines itself by ending in the final week?  Yeah I did, thank you. 

-Notre Dame loses again. Good bye Charlie Weis and maybe you should have focused more on defensive recruits because it seems that was ignored. I cringe to see what Toby Gerhardt does next week.

-Charlie.

No comments: