The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, November 6, 2009

NFL Picks Week 9: Here's to Destroying My Liver

I will be away for the weekend at Ripon visiting friends Doz and JPar. If I remember enough I will create a running diary of what happened during the whole wekeend.  So the NFL picks are early this week enjoy.

Washington (2-5) at Atlanta (4-3)- The Falcons have now lost two straight and I really think they could have beat New Orleans last week had it not been for turnovers. The Redskins have had two weeks but they have more drama than The Ruins on a weekly basis.  ATL 28-16

Arizona (4-3) at Chicago (4-3)- A big time game this weekend and in a lot of games, we will figure whose in good position for the Wild Card.  The Cards struggled last week but they did play well in the cold two weeks ago.  The Bears offensive line has been woeful and I think Warner-Fitzgerald tears it up. ARI 34-24 

Baltimore (4-3) at Cincinnati (5-2)- The Ravens looked like they could got their defense swagger back last weekend against Denver and the Nati has had two weeks to prepare for the chance of a sweep.  Chad Ocho Cinco sent the Ravens deodrant... the man is a genius.  I will take the home team close.  CINCY 17-16 

Miami (3-4) at New England (5-2)- The Dolphins got very lucky this week thanks to Ted Ginn Jr. housing two touchdowns on kickoff returns.  The Patriots are looking for revenge after getting destroyed last year by the Phins.  Add to the fact, they have had two weeks.  NE 35-20

Green Bay (4-3) at Tampa Bay (0-7)- I hate, hate, hate, hate playing the last team who hasn't won a game.  It just worries me and I think it will be closer than it really should be until about the fourth quarter.  The Pack hasn't been all that successful in Tampa.  GB 30-17 

Kansas City (1-7) at Jacksonville (3-4)- This is an absolute snoozefest and the Chiefs have got a lot of press this week for Larry Johnson.  The Jags suffered a tough loss by the Tennessee Titans. I doubt that this will happen again but there will certainly be a blackout by the Jags fans.  JAX 31-21 

Carolina (3-4) at New Orleans (7-0)- Oh this is a laughable game. I dont care that the Carolina offense looked awesome last week because the Saints secondary is the best part of their defense.  Not good at all Jake Delhomme.  NO 38-14 

Detroit (1-6) at Seattle (2-5)- Yikes another snoozer and the Lions have to be back in the dumps after losing to the Rams last week at home.  The Seahawks seem to not be able to stop anybody but I like the home team to take care of business in this one.  SEA 31-17 

Tennessee (1-6) at San Francisco (3-4)- The Niners have been running into a bad streak of luck and they need this win more than Rex Ryan needs a cheeseburger.  The Titans main goal is to run the ball which the Niners are very good at stopping, not good.  SF 24-13 

San Diego (4-3) at NY Giants (5-3)- Huge Huge Huge game.  The Chargers need this win.  The Giants need this win.  This should be a classic but like I have been noticing lately is the Giants cannot stop the pass. Despite the weather, I think Rivers will lead them to victory.  SD 34-28 

Dallas (5-2) at Philadelphia (5-2)- I have no idea who will win this game. The Cowboys seem to be for real but Tony Romo always seems to choke when it matters. The Eagles finally have WR's but the Eagles never seem consistent in the last couple of years.  David Akers kicks a field goal late.  PHI 20-17 

Pittsburgh (5-2) at Denver (6-1)- Big time Monday Night Football matchup where the Steelers will know if they need a win to keep pace with the Bengals. I think people are still not believing in the Broncos. I like the homefield advantage, I think the crowd will be jacked and Big Ben will have problems moving around.  DEN 16-10 

-Charlie.

No comments: