The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Early Season Bucks Thoughts... I am Excited?

I have something to confess to all of you.  I watched a whole, quite boring NBA game between the Milwaukee Bucks versus the Minnesota Timberwolves.  They came back from a tough first half to dominate the third quarter and parts of the fourth quarter.  Because of that little thing called school, I will miss most if not all of the Bucks game against Denver on Wednesday but now I am excited for the Bucks. 

Brandon Jennings like I told most of you will give us the swagger than the Bucks haven't had in six years. He does everything on the court minus the three-point shooting.  Granted, he will develop that into the deep range shooting but he is a pass first teammate.  He is nothing what the "experts" said.  Supposedly according to my buddy Ron, Jennings just lives a block from the Cousins Center, no car, just a regular guy and has already been quoted that he would rather get to the playoffs and have a winning season then win Rookie of the Year.  He is everything the Bucks haven't had in the last six years. 

Andrew Bogut needs to stay healthy because I think it's fair to Bogut's play inside helps propels the Bucks into everything they do.  He looked like man possessed against a very good Al Jefferson on Friday. Bogut had a vicious dunk on Jefferson plus a mean block later.  But I worry about his knees and so I will maintain with caution. 

The Bucks also have done something not a lot of NBA teams do... play great defense.  That will help the Bucks out so much against the lesser teams in the NBA.  Look at the Knicks and T-Wolves as examples, they couldn't do shit against the defense of the Bucks.  They have all hustle guys who love to get after the loose balls around the court.  This is also something that excites me about the 2009-2010 Milwaukee Bucks.

Finally, you have to give John Hammond a lot of credit so far.  Carlos Delfino has been a pleasent surprise off the bench so far and despite his faux hawk, he does a lot of little things. Hakim Warrick looks great so far and does a lot of things inside to help Bogut become a better player.  Jodie Meeks, do not sleep on him he might be a sleeper by the end of the year.  If Hammond flips Redd for a first-round pick and expiring contracts I will be a happy man. 

Also you will not see much complaining about the Bucks. I will just take the season as it goes and if we to the playoffs, it will be an awesome accomplishment.  

-Charlie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mitch here, just didn't feel like signing in.

Jennings owns a 2010 Ford Edge and he lives in St. Francis. I don't know if that's close to the Cousins Center because I don't know what that is.

You are absolutely right about Bogut too Chuck. I'm not sure how I feel about Delfino. I feel that there are times when he tries to do too much.

Good post.

Anonymous said...

Mitch, the Cousins Center is where the Bucks practice and train, it is located 3501 S Lake Dr. St Francis, WI 53235

It is a beautiful facility