The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My College Football Proposal

My friend and avid Iowa Hawkeye football supporter JS sent me an article done by Pat Forde who I normally enjoy reading especially the "Forde Yard Dash", a weekly column about College Football/Basketball. To paraphrase what he said, he really doesn't believe in what Iowa has done and he feels that all the unbeatens including Oregon should be higher than the Hawkeyes. Kirk Herbstreit said that Big 10 is an inferior conference today on Mike and Mike in the Morning. I have no idea how that’s possible because I think this has been the Big 10's most competitive year in awhile. I honestly believe they need to have twelve teams to be respected; therefore I have a great suggestion.

MOVE: Iowa State to the Big 10- I think the Cyclones would be helped out by moving them out of the horrendous Big 12 North and putting them into the Big 10. They are not great but I think the Big Ten thing will move them in terms of recruiting for football, maybe not basketball. Then the conferences break down looks like this and by the way, I am coming up with random division titles. If you have a suggestion for me, let me know.

Hayden Fry Division: Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Penn State- I know that seems random to throw the Nittany Lions in there but honestly if you put OSU, Michigan, and PSU in the same division basically the same Big 12 dilemma.

Woody Hayes Division: Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Purdue, Indiana- You could say this will be a top-heavy division but Purdue has good years once in while same with Michigan State. The Buckeyes may run the table but then they still play Penn State, Iowa, or Wisconsin.

Big 10 Championship: Rotates in Lambeau, Solider Field, Metrodome, Ford Field, Lucas Oil Stadium.

Now for the Big 12, I understand that people keep these teams in the division geographically but honestly, why does this need to happen? We all know there are about six real student-athletes and then they all just go along for the ride

Johnny Rodgers Division: Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State- Thats a pretty competitive and solid division because you include a bunch of rivalries plus there will be parody.

Earl Campbell Division: Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, TCU, Baylor, Colorado- Yes this could be the battle of Texas, but honestly, this would be a great division with rivalries. The Horned Frogs could gain recruiting big time when they just the Big 12.

I might be wrong and this might seem out there, yet I hope something changes for the Big 10. People need to realize that this isn't your dad's Big 10. There is a need for a change, something has to happened.


-Charlie.

No comments: