The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, November 1, 2009

NFL Picks Week 8: Bringin Back the Stone Cold Salute

I wish I could tell you the story but I really need my buddy E to act it out like did this morning. The man deserves an Oscar for that performance. Well I am hungover and didn't get much sleep so if this sucks, you know why.

Houston (4-3) at Buffalo (3-4)- Interesting game for a couple of reasons. Dick Jauron is keeping his job because the Harvard Wonder Ryan Fitzpatrick has dominated in the past couple of weeks plus their defense is looking tougher and tougher. I do not like the road game for the Texans and it will be close. BUFF 20-17

Cleveland (1-6) at Chicago (3-3)- The Bears are all the sudden reeling and Jay Cutler has 11 interceptions already. Are you worried yet Chicago? I would be and their defense are so banged up it's not even funny. This game will be very ugly. CHI 24-7

Seattle (2-4) at Dallas (4-2)- Has the Seattle strength and training coach been fired? Honestly, the last two years have been marred by injuries and obviously something going wrong there. I think the Cowboys will roll in this game. DAL 35-17

St. Louis (0-7) at Detroit (1-5)- The toilet bowl and you shouldn't be surprised that this game is blacked out in the local D-Town area. I do not think you could pay me enough money to watch a second of this game. I will take the Lions. DET 24-13

Denver (6-0) at Baltimore (3-3)- The Ravens looked like the best team in the NFL through the first three weeks and now they have caught a bunch of bad luck. The Broncos have had two weeks to prepare for this suddenly not strong Raven defense. They keep it going. DEN 34-23

San Francisco (3-3) at Indianapolis (6-0)- I am not impressed with the Colts schedule so far and I really could see the Niners giving Indy a game. They need some production from Alex Smith and I do not trust him whatsoever. INDY 28-23

Miami (2-4) at NY Jets (4-3)- The Jets rebounded very nicely against the Fightin Mitch Pratts last week and they struggled with Wildcat last time plus they are losing players on that defense makes me unwary of them this week. I like the Dolphins in this one. MIA 24-21

NY Giants (5-2) at Philadelphia (4-2)- People are starting to worry about the Giants with their last two losses and unlike Matthew Berry said, I think Donovan McNabb will have a big time game with their weak secondary. PHIL 35-24

Jacksonville (3-3) at Tennessee (0-6)- I have no idea how the Jaguars are .500 that amazes me because I really think they are an awful team. Jeff Fisher is all the sudden on the hot seat and they finally saw the light starting Vince Young, it will work. TENN 21-10

Oakland (2-5) at San Diego (3-3)- I would love for Mitch Pratt to explain how a team knocks off the Eagles, a likely playoff team and then gets blown out by a team who might not win eight games. Also the feminism that Tom Cable got served today doesn't bode well for them. SD 35-10

Carolina (2-4) at Arizona (4-2)- I call this one "Jake Delhomme Last Start" he will definitely struggled in this one plus the Cards all the sudden have found their stroke. The Cards will dominate. ARI 31-21

Minnesota (6-1) at Green Bay (4-2)- Oh boy. This is about as excited I have been for a football game with the return of Brett Favre. I think the Vikings are very close to falling off the face of the earth with Favre throwing 51 passes (he has thrown more and more every week by the way) and Childress knows he might earn an extension next week if he wins. The Pack figured out how to play the 3-4 and its going to be deadly. All that being said, its still going to be a close game with the Pack winning. GB 28-20

Atlanta (4-2) at New Orleans (6-0)- It surprised me to see the Falcons get dominated by the Cowboys last week and the Saints just keep winning. I think this will be high scoring and just a great back-forth battle. I have to take the home team in this one. NO 38-34

-Charlie.

No comments: