The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Impressions from the 2009 NFL Season

I am just giving basically a bunch of quick hitters for the NFL season.  Just things that I have noticed during the season.  Its been a really strange year with many bad teams with probably seven teams who might hope they get the number one pick.   Here we go...

-The Green Bay Packers have disappointed me so far.  I believe I said a Pop-Warner pimple faced eleven year old could probably get three sacks against anyone on the Packers offensive line.  Aaron Rodgers might die against Dallas, Baltimore, or Pittsburgh.  Also the 3-4 hasn't been a success so far. Aaron Schatz of Football Insiders said on the BS Report on Monday, the Pack does have the easiest schedule for the rest of the year.  I will continue to pick the Packers because its against my religion to do otherwise. 

-The New Orleans Saints are the best team in the NFC.  No questions ask.  Drew Brees, in my opinion is the MVP so far.  They need to stop making turnovers though if they think they can win the Super Bowl.  Also their secondary gets no credit, they are the x-factor. 

-The Bears might be the same disappointment level.  People expected this NFC North to be the most competitive division in football and it's been a bigger flop than the new Boondock Saints movie (why even go there by the way?).  No defense whatsoever and I fear Lovie Smith may be looking for work next year. 

-The Vikings get two lines from me... They look like the third best team but I am still on a wait and see before crowing them.

-Dallas fans, I just want to remind you how much Tony Romo sucks in December.  Just keep remembering that. I know he tears up the Packers in the two games they have played. I think the Cowboys make the playoffs but no playoff wins for Romo. 

-Eagles/Falcons/Cardinals have a chance to be pretty good teams by the end of the year but who really knows. The inconsistencies of all three teams doesnt make any of these teams contenders by no means. I think Arizona will win the NFC West and one of those teams makes the Wild Card.

-I am not sold on Indianapolis yet.  I feel they need to show me something this weekend to call me a believer. Peyton Manning is playing his ass off but the secondary injuries will come back to haunt them. I am willing to bet they do not get the one seed.

-My roommate Brett feels the Patriots are playing at that "2005 Level", which I agree with because they are doing it with nobodies on defense plus they are running the ball.  They will run away with the AFC East. 

-The AFC North and West will provide the most excitement for division races.  The Steeler-Bengal game will tell us a lot about both teams and the Chargers will come back to win the AFC West, sorry Broncos I am starting to fade off.  Also Houston, and Baltimore miss the playoffs. 

-Charlie.

No comments: