The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Plague of Charlie Tritschler

Programming note, I will be doing the picks for at least the first three games and the one college one for tomorrow but have everything done for CFB by Friday, NFL by Saturday. I couldn't think of another creative title than that one but it seems like my teams have really been bit with the injury bug in the past couple of days.

The lesser of the two evils, Marquette who already was small got dwarfed down to Gary Coleman losing 6'8 Horace-Grant look-a-like Chris Otule for the season with a broken foot.  Older Mach wondered on Twitter yesterday if the AL was built on an Indian burial ground and I am beginning to believe the same thing. I feel bad for Otule because everything I read made it sound that he progressed mightily in the past couple of weeks.  If Marquette were smart, they would do a full-court press for 60-70 percent of the game to combat the lack of size.

Now on to the much bigger issue, the Packers have lost both Al Harris and Aaron Kampman for the year.  Kampman I pondered the idea when he was out with a concussion if he could really play in the 3-4? It will be interesting to see how Brad Jones/Brady Poppinga and others handle Kampman's absence. I think it makes the team for blitz happy.  Harris worries me completely due to see more of #24 Jarrett Bush, the reincarnation of Bhowah Jue on the football field.  Tramon Williams needs to prove in the coming months that he is going to be the next big thing in the Packer secondary.  Also Atari Bigby must cover the tight end better for the Packers to be successful in December. 

2009 in sports for my teams (Packers, Marquette, Brewers, Bucks)- Year of Injuries.  Screw you 09.  

-Charlie.

No comments: