The New Logo

The New Logo

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Week 12 Picks: Finally Back, Thanks Turkey Break

Here we go it's a short week for us here at Chucks Corner but I will give you my picks for the weekend. The Packers impressed me against the Lions and I think right now Charles Woodson deserves Defensive Player of the Year more so than Jared Allen.  Woodson does so much more on the field then Allen in my opinion. 

Tampa Bay (1-9) at Atlanta (5-5)- The Falcons need this win badly or they will be faced two games back for the playoff hunt.  Matt Ryan and Matt Forte are competing for "Biggest Sophomore Slump Award" but they should be fine against Tampa. ATL 24-14

Miami (5-5) at Buffalo (3-7)- I am curious to see if we will get a second-dose of Ricky Williams being the MVP-like running back in his heyday before the weed (I am not saying he was ever an MVP candidate but you get the point). TO came out of the casket to get 196 yards and couple TDs in a defeat.  Bills play the Dolphins super tough at home and it will continue this week. BUF 17-14

Cleveland (1-9) at Cincinnati (7-3)- The Bengals fell into the Black Hole and then get blessed with playing the Browns who showed some fight last week although it was against the Lions.  Cincy should have no problem getting by the Browns this week. CINCY 31-17

Seattle (3-7) at St. Louis (1-9)- Such an awful game, I wouldn't pay five dollars to watch this horrendous game. Kyle Boller gets the start and he will probably suck like usual. SEA 27-10 

Carolina (4-6) at NY Jets (4-6)- This is a do-or-die game for either team. Both teams still could be in the playoff hunt if they win but if they do lose, they probably can look towards next year's draft. I think the Sanchise-Rex Ryan thing will look worse after this week losing at home to a warm weather team. CAR 20-14

Washington (3-7) at Philadelphia (6-4)- I will be cheering for the Redskins so the Pack can maintain that five seed but I have no faith in Washington getting it done. They also are 0-5 on the road, which doesn't bode well and I do not believe Clinton Portis will play.  PHI 35-9 

Indianapolis (10-0) at Houston (5-5)- Another must-win for the Texas and Gary Kubiak. The Colts dominated them so far and Peyton Manning has a sore ass, which probably will not hurt the team. Schaub should have a day with their banged-up secondary, I think they pull it out. HOU 28-21 

Kansas City (3-7) at San Diego (7-3)- Spirits are high in both places due to the winning ways.  The Chiefs may have caught the Chargers on a good week after their huge win against Denver. This will be a close battle but LDT and Sporles will close out the game for the Chargers. SD 31-24 

Jacksonville (6-4) at San Francisco (4-6)- The 49ers need this win badly to keep playoff hopes alive and the Jaguars have a playoff team that no one gives a shit about.  The Jaguars running attack will be too much for the Niners in this one.  JAX 23-13

Arizona (7-3) at Tennessee (4-6)- Can the Titans do it again?  Vince Young has looked like a man in the past four weeks and Chris Johnson can do anything he wants after he dominates for my fantasy team. The Cards are banged up and this will be a classic Cardinals WTF game.  TENN 27-14 

Chicago (4-6) at Minnesota (9-1)- Oh no Jay Culter. If you haven't been flustered enough, wait until you play Minnesota defense.  Although Lovie Smith drew up awesome game plans for Brett Favre before so who knows. I think this will be close and a great NFC North battle. MINN 17-14 

Pittsburgh (6-4) at Baltimore (5-5)- No Big Ben means the Dennis Dixon era begins, a guy I liked at Oregon but I have no idea how his play will translate to the pros. The Ravens likely get it done at home with just enough offense and good defense.  BALT 24-7 

New England (7-3) at New Orleans (10-0)- Big time showdown on Monday Night. The Saints have been getting by barely in the last couple of weeks and the Pats looked good on D when they played Sanchez, not so much against Peyton Manning. The Saints will be exposed this week and the Pats win big. NE 38-24

-Charlie.

4 comments:

Mike Schactner said...

I agree that the saints will be exposed tonight. There are holes in that secondary and Sharper can only get so many lucky pick 6's in a career. He couldn't help defend Moss with the Packers and I don't see him doing it now.
However, what will be a bigger issue tonight is the Pat's inability to run the football. Unlike the Saints, who I believe have the most productive trio of running backs in the league, the Pats have had trouble controlling the clock all year. The fact that on 4th and short running wasnt even an option is pretty shocking for a team that historically has had a very productive corp of running backs. Running the football is imperative in this league and I think is trumps the holes in the Saints secondary. Im going Saints 31-28

Unknown said...

Mike, great stuff. I agree on all fronts and will cover more tmrw or Weds about the game itself. The sole fact Mike McKenzie had the game of his life makes me cringe the Pack didnt throw an offer his way after Harris went down.

Mike Schactner said...

McKenzie era in green bay is over, our GM is way too proud to put Mike in a position to "save" the packers. Im not shocked we didnt call his cell.
The real story of this game is the look on Bill and Tom's faces while the time was winding down. I cant remember the last time I saw either look so vulnerable. Reminded me of the face Drew Bledsoe had after Tom Brady carried the Pats to his first Super Bowl... a look of "fuck I'm going to need to talk to my agent." I think the Pats have let go of too many coaches and too many Prowl Bowlers and the mastermind of it all knows it. Look for New England to make moves this off-season (an uncapped year). Maybe they'll pay a Lawyer Molly type attitude this time around

Unknown said...

I agree. They seemed like they had shit the bed completely. I would never thought I would see the day where the Hooded Mastermind wouldn't have control of his team. Like I said, they better hope for JAX, BALT, maybe DEN if they want to win round 1.