The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Favre Strikes Again

People hyped up the game from the start of the signing of Brett Favre to the Minnesota Vikings was the return to Lambeau Field.  Nobody had any idea what kind of reception Favre was going to receive and I truly do not believe many Packer fans thought we will going to lose on Sunday, especially after losing to the Vikes earlier on in the year. I made a couple of quotes the first time around and I think they still stand true today. 

"Don't worry Packer fans its only Game Four. Two back in the division in October doesn't mean as much as November." - Well now its November and it means a hell of a lot more that we lost. We are now two games back virtually out of the division hunt and now battling the likes of Dallas/Philadelphia/Atlanta/NY Giants for the Wild Card spots.  The NFC will not be decided until the final week of the season, I will tell you that much.  After Minnesota and New Orleans, there hasn't been a legit team in NFC.  There are a lot of good teams but I really feel the Saints hold the claim of being a great team. 

Remember, no quarterback at the age of 40 has won a playoff game ever -  That serves as fair warning to any of you Viking fans or Packer non-believers out there.  Yes, they do not play any cold weather games but the fact of matter is the old age catches up to you.  Favre will have those weeks where he will look like complete dogshit.  I will make this claim right now, not a chance in hell does he take the Vikes to the Super Bowl.  If that happens, I will probably drown myself in nacho cheese because everything I preached in the past two years would be a lie. 

The game sucked yes.  But I am not falling off the wagon, believing the Packers will be 8-8.  You are crazy if you think believe that.  They have three extremely tough games against Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Dallas.  I think T.J. Lang will be a household name by the end of the year, and I firmly believe that Mike McCarthy will find his head out of his ass.  Maybe I am just a wishful thinker but man, you gotta believe.

-Charlie.

No comments: