The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

West Bracket Picks

On to the West, I have went complete chalk for the the Sweet 16 and who knows really what I will do here. It may be a little chalky as well.

Buffalo
1. Syracuse vs. 16. Vermont- Hate to do this to Shannon but remember this FROM THE PARKING LOT. Gus Johnson also has this game, maybe a chance at happening again?  Child Please.  This will be close for a bit but the Cuse pulls away.  CUSE 81-65

8. Gonzaga vs. 9. Florida State- The Zags were a top 10 team at different points of the season and Matt Bouldin could be a major threat to take over the game.  The Seminoles have a lot of size inside and they could create some problems.  But I think Zags wins it late.  ZAGA 73-67

San Jose
5. Butler vs. 12. UTEP- I feel this game's seed should be flip-flopped.  I mean Butler hasn't played tough times well this season and UTEP has a legit power six guy in Derrick Caracter plus Randy Culpepper is very good. The Miners have enough to get in the Sweet 16.  UTEP 79-70

4. Vanderbilt vs. 13. Murray St.- The Commodores was a team that I liked all year and thought they had a nice inside/outside game with Beals/A.J. Oglivy.  The Racers I said earlier they got underseeded and I think this game will go down to the wire.  Vandy pulls it out barely.  VANDY 75-72

Milwaukee
6. Xavier vs. 11. Minnesota- The Gophers got into the Tournament faced to great play in the Big Ten Conference Championship plus I also called the Gophers one of the most unpredictable team in America. I like the Musketeers inside man Jason Love but hate Jordan Crawford. I feel he can shoot his team out of the game, which will happen.  MINN 67-63 

3. Pittsburgh vs. 14. Oakland- No matter what year it is, I cannot be interested in watching Pittsburgh. There is something about them that just bothers me and hate it.  They will not have a problem with Oakland.  PITT 62-47 

Oklahoma City
7. BYU vs. 10. Florida- I think BYU is a team who can rain threes like no other and Florida has some great players in Alex Tyus and Chandler Parsons. Honestly, I would take the Cougars for a deep run if I wasn't worry about the athleticism of the Gators.  BYU 77-73 

2. Kansas St. vs. 15. North Texas- Oklahoma City should be renamed Kansas City this weekend with both Kansas teams in the city this year.  Jacob Pullen and his beard shouldn't have a problem in this one. KSTATE 78-65

2. Kansas St. vs. 7. BYU- This will be an awesome game but Kansas State despite a late struggle have played very well all year.  Pullen and Curtis Kelly should be enough to win the game for the Wildcats. KSU 79-73 

-Charlie.

No comments: