The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Real Life Hoosiers

One team that I completely disregarded was the Butler Bulldogs.  I thought no way could this team make a run in the NCAA Tournament because they were playing a good UTEP team in the first round, they played in a pretty weak Horizon League, and when they went up against the big boys in Syracuse, I felt they had no chance.  Well this whole tournament they proved me wrong and now I wonder can they win it all?

They have some things going for them in the right direction. Butler University is in Indianapolis so the Bulldogs will not have to travel to the Final Four location. Which I learned today was only six minutes away from the Butler campus. In addition, you have to believe because they are now America's team with everyone on their bandwagon who isn't a fan of the other three teams, they will have the crowd with them. 

The reason why the Bulldogs could win it all is their defense. Even with having a lack of size, they collapse the lane better than most teams and I believe they play the best helpside defense in the remaining teams. I thought their defense of Denis Clemente and Jacob Pullen on Saturday was tremendous and even though, the Wildcats probably were tired from their exhausting double-overtime game.  You can never discount a team who can play good defense. 

I am also a big fan of Gordon Hayward, not only is he from Brownsburg, Indiana, a place that plays host to the best college basketball players in the nation.  But he also is probably one of the most versatile players in the country with the ability to get to the lane off the dribble and rain the three like nobody's business. Hayward is a guy that I think could play for almost any team in the country and be a contributor for that team. I know that I have learned to not sleep on the Bulldogs

No comments: