The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

NFL Signings... A Couple Days Late!

Sorry I am late once again, big ups to Trinko, a consistent reader of the Corner who informed me that Clifton was signed late Friday. I think the money we paid him was the right amount and I do worry about him staying healthy although I think it will turn out good for us.  

Dunta Robinson CB:  HOU to ATL- I like this deal for the Atlanta Falcons because they get a legitimate cornerback who cannot only cover the big receivers but they can also come up on run defense deliver the big hit.  I think he has been underrated because he has been played in Houston who really hasn't been some to keep your eye on.

Aaron Kampman DE: GB to JAX- I am really not disappointed about Kampman leaving... I wish him the best he is a class act and I hope he has an awesome career with the Jaguars. Although, I hope that he doesn't get comfortable in Jacksonville because they are moving locations some time soon. He will beneficial playing in the AFC and in 4-3 again. I think he should have a good year for the Jaguars.

Antrel Rolle FS:  ARIZ to NYG- I am kind of confused by this deal. Correct if I am wrong, but don't the Giants have a pretty good free safety in Kenny Phillips?   The only way the signing makes sense if the Giants are planning to move Phillips to another spot in the secondary. Rolle is a good player and seem to finally be understanding how to play free safety after a couple years of a transition process.  I think Rolle will make an impact on an improving Giants' defense. 

Karlos Dansby: ARIZ to MIA- Once again, the Cardinals have lost another great player on their defense and you have to wonder how they good will they be next year? The Dolphins have the luxury of knowing Dansby can play in the 3-4 and he does it very well.  He is two times the player than Joey Porter is and is much younger.

-Charlie.

No comments: