The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

East Bracket Picks

Well we are half-way there and I am making a bunch of chalk picks. I am sorry this isn't usually my style but seriously, it appears to be a year where there are chances for upsets all over the place.  Yet everyone has a reason that would say that will not happened. I am telling you there is a part of me that wants to put OSU-SYR-WVA-BAY but I cannot convince myself to do it.  

New Orleans
1. Kentucky vs. 16. East Tennessee St.- I just hope John Wall does his dance and a 360.  UK 89-61 

8. Texas vs. 9. Wake Forest- Both teams struggled down the stretch and we all remember that Texas was number one in the nation at one point of the season.  The difference is Wake has been playing awful in the last three weeks which spells bad news.  TEXAS 78-72 

Jacksonville
5. Temple vs. 12. Cornell- This game I have trouble deciding on because I like the sexy pick of the Bears and alma mater of Andy Bernard, yet Temple has been damn impressive all year.  I think Jay Bilas may have jixed their chances, but I will take the Ivy league bunch.  CORN  59-55

4. Wisconsin vs. 13 Wofford- Would someone tell me why Wofford got a 13 seed?  Anyways the Buzzcuts will take care of business in a big way.  UW 67-51 

4. Wisconsin vs. 12. Cornell- A battle of the white guys! This game will bring us back to the sixties and maybe a clan rally will break out as well.  I cannot see Wisconsin dropping this game, I think they will only get better as Jon Leuer continues to get healthy.  UW 69-58 

San Jose
6. Marquette vs. 11. Washington- This game scares me more than if MU were to advance and I haven't picked a single MU game this year so I am worried this will jinx them. But I think Marquette will be able to hold them defensively on the perimeter better than the Huskies will.  MU 82-71 

3. New Mexico vs. 14. Montana- I haven't see either team this year, I have some friends who are from New Mexico and tell me that they can rain the three. They are coached by Steve Alford and I wish he would bring back that Tank Top from the 1988 NBA Draft.  NM 82-61

6. Marquette vs. 3. New Mexico- Another game that features two teams who run up and down the court and the Golden Eagles I believe still have a chip on their shoulder about the whole season. I think Lazar Hayward will be able to get the Warriors in their first sweet 16 since 2003.  MU 77-73

Buffalo
7. Clemson vs. 10. Missouri- This could be a complete up and down type of game that will be very exciting. I am going straight off conference bias to make this selection. I like the fact the Tigers play in the Big 12 and they can frustrate the Tigers.  MIZZOU 85-77

2. West Virginia vs. 15. Morgan State- The Bears are coached by Todd Bozeman who once got booted from the NCAA for Kelvin Sampson like practices... thats all, they will lose.  WVA  89-64

2. West Virginia vs. 10 Missouri- Never sleep on the Tigers, their pressing style makes things tough for any team but the Mountaineers have that killer instict that not many teams have this year. I think Da'Shan Butler might be the best late game player, the Mountaineers pull away late.  WVA 84-76 

-Charlie.

No comments: