The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

South Bracket Picks

So here is the final set of bracket picks... My Final Four is Ohio State, Syracuse, Duke, and West Virginia.  The National Champion is the Orange.  Anyways here we go for our final picks.

Jacksonville
1. Duke vs. 16. Arkansas Pine-Bluff- I wonder how Pine Bluff can get a D1 School and UW-Eau Claire cannot be a D1 basketball school, make it happen!  DUKE 90-65

8. California vs. 9. Louisville- Interesting matchup between two teams that have been up and down all year. The Bears did win the Pac-10 but that's like winning a three-legged race against midgets. Everyone feels that Louisville could go far and I agree yet I feel this will take them a lot out of them.  UL 71-63

1. Duke vs. 9. Louisville-The reason people think the Cards can win is because of the way Louisville played against Syracuse twice this season.   I doubt that Duke will lose this game because they have multiple big men that can attack Samardo Samuels.  DUKE 75-65

Spokane
5. Texas A&M vs. 12. Utah State- The Aggie Bowl!  Texas A&M is a team I think could be tricky with guys like Donald Sloan, Bryan Davis, and Dash Harris who could do some big things inside/outside. Utah State lives and dies by the three point basket, if they go in then the boys from Texas are in trouble. I think  the Big 12 pulls it out in a close one.   A&M 69-64 

4. Purdue vs. 13. Siena- A lot of people like Siena because the Boilermakers are without Robbie Hummel. I would agree and use Cincinnati as an example who lost Kenyon Martin for the NCAA Tournament losing to UCLA in the second round.  I think Siena gets this one.   SIE 63-59

5. Texas A&M vs. 13. Siena- The Aggies face a challenge but Siena isn't good enough to advance to past the second round. The Aggies big three should be able to take care of business.  A&M 74-58

New Orleans
6. Notre Dame vs. 11. Old Dominion- I had trouble with this game because I like the Monarchs from the CAA and the Fightin' Irish from the Big East. But I looked at both rosters and ODU has no size whatsoever, which will be exposed.  ND 58-51

3. Baylor vs. 14. Sam Houston St.- Everybody loves Baylor this year. That is the sexy sleeper and I can see why, they have an unreal team with Tweedy Carter and LaceDarius Dunn who make things happen. For some reason they remind me of Memphis with Calipari.  BAY 91-64

3. Baylor vs. 6. Notre Dame- This will probably be one of the best second round games between two contrasting styles, one being a up/down consistantly and the Irish who like to slow it down. I think the Bears will be able to wear out the Irish.  BAY 72-69

Providence
7. Richmond vs. 10. St. Marys- An interesting 7-10 that features two teams that are right outside the Power Six conference. I called this game boring at first glance but I think it could be very exciting to watch. The Spiders three point shooting pulls this one for them.  RICH 74-73

2. Villanova vs. 15. Robert Morris- Hard to beat a team when you are only one man.  NOVA 94-69

2. Villanova vs. 7. Richmond- You are sooo boring, never the upset. Well here is the secret, I think the Wildcats have peaked and they will not do much therefore, I have the Spiders in this one.  RICH 68-64

Read the live blog tomorrow, all day/night long.

-Charlie.

No comments: