The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, March 5, 2010

Rushing the Court: A Part of the College Lifestyle

All over the place, I have seen people forget their fun pants like my buddy Jared, Mach's older brother Dan, and Rick Reilly to name a few. They are getting all upset about fans rushing the court like if they were in the stands of the Maryland-Duke game last night, they wouldn't have rushed.  This earns a big Chad Ochocinco Child please.

I love rushing the court. I think it's an awesome sight to see all the fans on the court with a player or two hoisted on top of the shoulders of the fans. I think it's worth doing when you win a share of a conference title like Maryland and Ohio State did the last two nights, you beat a rival for the first time in awhile, or it's a monumental upset.  Are there times when the student sections probably shouldn't have rushed the court?  Oh yeah, but thats like saying are there times when I wished I didn't take five shots of vodka.  You are in the moment, really not caring about what people think about your decision making, rather just having a good time.

Another thing to add about the Maryland charge in particular, people were stunned the Terps charged because "They won a National Championship in 2003, they are better than that!" C'mon, these kids were not even close to sniffing college and they won a share of an ACC title, which if you look at the history is hard to come by with the likes of the Duke Blue Devils and North Carolina Tar Heels.

Reilly major point today in his column and on the Scott Van Pelt Show was the safety of these kids. "MY GOD, ONE PERSON MAY DIE OMFG!!!!!"  Listen, these college kids put enough crazy shit in their body to kill themselves so why not risk it again by charging the court? No one is thinking in the crowd... "Shit I might die if I rush... I better not man, so scared.." Hell no, they are running faster than Frank the Tank to center court to greet their fearless leader. Like I said above, you live in the moment. 

Because I go to a D3 college atmosphere, I will probably never have the experience to rush the court and I wish I went to a bigger school to have that on my resume of cool things I have done. I hope that every college kid who goes to a big school gets a chance once to rush the court in celebration of their great basketball. 

-Charlie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Charlie lol. Love the post but this is what I think. Ok, I understand the fun part about rushing the court. Hell it would be a blast. Did it once in high-school and I thought it was the greatest thing ever. Our girls team, who sucked really bad, beat a 2 seed when we were a 7 seed in the playoffs and we rushed that court like it was the best thing ever.

With that being said, I understand that Maryland won a big game agaisnt Duke to get a possible share of the ACC Title, however, they actually didn't outright win the title that night agaisnt Duke, they just tied them and still had one more game to play and are ranked #23 in the nation. That's one of the problems I had with the storming. They still had one game to go and what happens if they lose to Virginia? Another point I had to make was that Maryland's Greivis Vasques is a player of the year candidate in the ACC. THE ACC!!! You have to be pretty good to be even considered for that,so, your team must be pretty good, renduring it hard to make it an upset game.

The point I am trying to get at is that storming the court has become a every school event. When I think of storming the court, I think of three things: 1) Winning a game against a team that was not even possible to beat 2) Winning on a last second shot or defensive stop against that team 3)And not being ranked against a team in the top 5 (Rick Reilly said this but it makes sense!). Overall, storming the court has become a fad when it use to mean something. Big whoop if you won the conference title, if your a good team you should. Ohio State has Evan Turner, a NBA lottery pick and POY candidate for THE NATION of there team. They should win the Big Ten. So with that said, I'm fine with the students storming the court, it just doesn't mean what it use to anymore and it's sad it has turned into this.

Oh and Chuck, You know I love just getting under your skin a little lol. Just a friendly argument hahah.

Your bud,

Hause

Anonymous said...

情趣用品,情趣,
電動按摩棒,G點,
AV女優,跳蛋,
跳蛋,潤滑液,
情趣精品,SM,
吊帶襪,情人趣味用品,
角色扮演,充氣娃娃,
性感睡衣,自慰器,
自慰杯,電動自慰器,
威而柔,逼真按摩棒,
振動按摩棒 ,按摩棒,
AV,情人趣味千奈,