The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Live Blog: Thursday Afternoon Session Part I

Hey everyone we are live from the 715, the house is cleaned and the HD is looking beautiful, ready to go. 

11:16: The men joining us today right now, Eric-BSqaured-Nate Dawg-Seet.  BSquared hates the first two rounds of the tournament... I feel he should be excommunicated from America. 

11:17:  "These first two days of the tournament, top five days of the year."-Eric  Couldn't agree more with this statement. Now this has sprung our first argument between Seet/Eric.

11:21: First game, Florida-BYU with my man Jimmer Fredette.  Just for all you wondering, BYU has two black guys.

11:28: We got switched out to the Notre Dame-Old Dominion game. Not complaining and Carlton Scott just threw down nasty, I am hoping Dick Enberg doesn't die while announcing.

11:36: Sorry I am enjoying some lunch... hot dogs/cheese/yogurt. Yes, I am American.

11:37: Another nasty throwdown from Scott, and also anyone else feel like Tim Abromaitis sounds like an STD you dont want?

11:48: The Fightin' Mormons are struggling so far but the Irish are doing well so far. Scott is trying to become the second-famous Carlton in 21 years of my lifetime. 

11:49: Just proposed the idea of buying mass quantitys of beers tomorrow, rut roh.

11:51: Florida has a guy named Eric Murphy, I wonder if Vinnie, Turtle, and Drama are in attendance. Hopefully Sloan is there as well.

11:53: Second agrument of the day: Mine and Eric obsession of Bill Simmons versus Nate Dawg's Dave Matthews' obesssion. I am going with Nate Dawg's on this one. He would let Dave do naughty things to anyone he loves, and would just smile while Dave gets whoever the business.

11:55: Will the UPS guy ever cut his hair?   The odds are 100 to 1

11:59: Upset alert, Robert Morris up six early on Nova. I told you they peaked early this year, I don't know if Morris can pull it off but still worth noting.

12:03: Blaine Taylor, coach of ODU... Awesome mustache sir. I might have picked you guys to win if I knew you were rocking a great stache. True American.

12:09: Seet, classicly known for fast food purchases has now fallen to number two in the BCS Standings with the latest two week run with B-Squared.  Proud of Seet.

12:12: We are out to Bob Morris-Nova and Bill Raftery.. Gotta love Raft, easily my favorite color guy. Verne it looks like they're in a man-to-man! 

12:16: If you know me, I like to yell out SIR!!  When I foul needs to be called, the first one happened just now.

12:18: If I went to Bob Morris, I would tell people that I go to Bob Morris, not Robert. Bob means that I like to party.

12:21: Taylor King, Nova's token white guy hits a three in the corner... It never fails that if you leave a white guy open in the corner, he will knock it down.

12:25: What the hell with all these local commercials. Is Ron Washington running the control boards?  Oh good, Ron's day is done.  Thank God.

12:30: Just showed Harangody who scored no points with two fouls. Sounds like a first team Big East player to me...  Please for the love of America, don't show his mom.

12:31: Updates for those in class or work.. Bob Morris up 6 at half, Fightin' Mormons up 2 with 17 left, and the Irish up three.

12:32: A moment of silence for Mach losing cable at his house. It's sad day for us all. ND has went cold, ODU is heating up... not good.

12:39: Sorry just got in an argument with an unknown person about how great the tournament was... things were said that shouldnt of been but I apologize for loving the NCAA tournament, not wanting to watch Call of Duty.  

12:40: ND-ODU is shaping up to be a classic right now, just back and forth. A lot of defense being played so far.

12:45: Question of the house right now... Do you have to be a Morman to go to BYU?   Seet's answer "They have a strict honor code, no sex outside marriage, no coffee, no swearing, clean haircut, sandels, etc." Seet: Soooo that's why they don't have many black guys. 

12:46: Seet continued on this rant, "DOH, no cursing thats like taking our fuckin' freedom of speech." "I would be out in a day." 

12:51: BYU is on a run again. Jimmer is just dominating right now, I still believe they could beat Kansas State, dont have the balls to pick it.  Up 10.  

12:55: Shay texted me that "Xavier is at the UWM Rec Center"  I asked him to talk to Jordan Crawford about dunking on LeBron.

12:59: Turns out his girlfriend is there so he told her the same thing. We are tied in NO with 5 left and BYU is pulling away.    Bob Morris still up three.

1:00: WHAT ARE YOU DOING SHREK

1:03: Such an ugly game in New Orleans, comparable to a Snorlax flashin' her boobs at Mardi Gras. I have no idea why Shrek is in the game, he isn't playing well. Brey, the offense is better without him. Know this.

1:08: We are tied in New Orleans, Florida has pulled within four.  All have the opportunties to be buzzer beaters... Could be fun

1:11: ND down three with .29 left... ODU to the line.  This could be the developments of a Big East Massacre today and I don't like it one bit . Rut roh front end missed. 

1:12: I would go for the quick basket, then foul.  ODU seems shaky at the line.

1:13: Now the fightin' Jimmers are down to Florida. Good chance I go 0-3 

1:15: Carlton Scott, almost was the goat of the game.  ND down one with 12.8 left   

1:17: ODU at the line for two, Papa Enberg tells me that they are not a good FT shooting team.  64 percent at the line, first.. good.  second...good.  Didnt look like 64 percent.. fuck fuck fuck. 

1:18: "I immediatly regret my decision to put Notre Dame in my Elite Eight."- text from Doz.  

1:20:  A three rattles out...  screw you Notre Dame.  Now out to BYU-Florida who are tied with 18.8 left. Holy shit here we go out. 

1:21: Odds I go 0-3 this afternoon?  Even, because the brackets hate me and I hate them. Yet I still invest a ton of money in them

1:23: Parsons misses, looks like overtime in Okalhoma City.   

1:24: "Is it safe to say that the phrase 'the luck of the Irish' is an oxymoron?- Doz, I hope he makes it up here tomorrow. 

1:25:  BYU needs D-Fish in this one, nope.  WE'RE GOIN TO OVERTIME IN OKLAHOMA CITY HA-HA

1:26: "First Overtime, First Game, the Madness is Back in March."- Kevin Harlan.  Awesome.

1:28: BYU allows a bucket, misses a three. Not good so far. 

1:31: Finally, BYU has an opportunity to make a basket but sadly, he looks like Beetlejuice from the Howard Stern Show.   

1:32: Makes em both, need a stand from the Mormons!!!

1:33: Beetlejuice is headed to the line again after forcing the turnover. 1:32 left... Bob Morris up eight with four left. Tied up

1:34: Someone needs to teach these Mormons how to rebound but tied up right now with .51 secs. What a classic.  

1:37: JIMMER NOOOOOO!  Tied up with 28 left UF gets last shot again. 

1:39: The only thing worse than that last possession by Florida, has been the last three years of Lindsey Lohan's life. Please don't sue me Lindsey! 

1:41: WE ARE GOING TO DOUBLE OVERTIME IN OKLAHOMA CITY 

1:42: "I'm pissed, fuck school i'm dropping out."-Eric sitting in class

1:43: BEETLEJUICE for three.  He has been on fire for the Mormons today, 25 points.  Fightin Bobs go up one on Nova. 

1:44: According to Simmons, the Bobby Morris-Nova officating is awful. Somewhere David Stern is in the building.  

1:45: Mormons up three in double overtime.  Bobby Morris up two with a minute left.  A great slate of first games, so happy I didn't have class again until three.  BYU is choking at the line right now.  I can hear Greg Norman.

1:46: For the love of God CBS, take us out to the Nova game. I care much more about that one, c'mon son. 

1:47: Thank God, we are back for the Robert Morris-Nova game.  B-Squared is very nervous, this will make or break his bracket. 

1:49: Reynolds with a poor poor miss.  Wow that was bad, watch for Antonio Pena for the tip-in. 

1:50: JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMER

1:51: WE'RE GOIN TO OVERTIME IN PROVIDENCE!!!!

1:56: Bob Morris is losing steam, down four with 3 mins left and Jimmer has 37.  He might be the next Steph Curry.  Can't wait to watch them against KState/North Texas

2:00: Bob Morris down four, they looked tired, wore down.  Not good for them

2:03: ONIONS!  Reynolds just hit a stone-cold stunner to Bob Morris. Looks like their run is over, sad to see. 

2:07: Awful shot by Bob Morris, but a great make-up call by the officals.  They are on the line shooting two, made them both.  Need a stop.  BOOOOOBOB MORRRISSSSSSSSS

2:09: Down one after the steal, prompting Eric and I to bust out the Gus Johnson' THIS IS MARCH MADNESS!!

2:10: Great foul by Bob Morris, big time effort play.  Yarou at the line shooting two... the first=good.  The second=good.

2:11:  Quick two if you get the chance, but if you go for three if have to... BLOCKED then a run out but you don't dunk it down, cmon.

2:12 Misses the first one, rut roh... but saves his ass with a make

2:12:  FROM THE PARKING LOT!!!!! HOLY SHIT.  Reynolds at the line for two....  makes the first.  "Scottie miss one you little bitch."-Eric.   Makes the second.  

2:13: Down three with .09 secs left, I am willing to bet that Nova pussies out and fouls them to not allow the three pointer. 

2:15: RISE AND FIRE!!!!!!!- Misses the final three.  Great effort by Robert Morris, I feel great about my Richmond pick to the Sweet 16.  That should be the same sentiment if you picked St. Marys/

On to the next session, LETS GOOOOO!

No comments: