The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Seriously, Fear the Deer

A week ago or so, I covered the Bucks and said basically how proud I was of this team plus how I expect the city of Milwaukee to rally behind them.  But I never really discussed how well this team is playing right now and they are getting lots of love because of it.

At least to me, it appeared the Bucks made a simple cost cutting move dropping some salary and in turn getting John Salmons. I had no idea that he would be the difference maker that the Bucks needed. Salmons seems to have everything going for him since he became a Buck.  He is making shots, playing tough defense, and rocking a gnarly goatee. Salmons does frustrate with his shot selection at times because some shots are comparable to the greedy guy in the pick up game who thinks he can make it consistently yet nothing seems to fall. If he keeps playing D in the same way, he can do whatever he wants on the court. 

I could not say enough about the defense of the Bucks. Luc Richard Mbah Moute is a natural lockdown defender for any guy 6'5 and above, Kevin Durant said on Twitter, the Prince was "one of the hardest defenders he faced all year." The Prince isn't the only fearless defender on the team, I think I have seen Ersan Iilyasova take more charges then I did in my days of playing basketball. I cannot call out one guy for poor defensive play which shocks me because usually in every level you have that one guy who sucks on the defensive end. 

 Now on to another topic, I know people have said Tyreke Evans, Darren Collison, and others deserve Rookie of the Year but let me ask you a question... Are any of those guys leading their team to the playoffs?  Forget that the stats are better for the other guys, Brandon Jennings deserves Rookie of the Year.  He looked cool under pressure last night facing "Mr. Big Shot" Chauncey Billups and I feel come playoff time maybe Rajon Rando of the Boston Celtics is the only guy who can keep the same pace as BJ3 the entire game. 

I feel the Bucks can play with anybody in the Eastern Conference right now.  Yes even the Cleveland Cavaliers. I actually feel the Orlando Magic is a worst matchup for the Bucks rather than the Cavs.  Now, I could not see the Bucks winning a series against a team like Cavs but it wouldn't shock me if the Bucks pushed the series to seven games. Nobody in the Eastern Conference should feel they will walk over the Bucks, because if they do, the Bucks will hit them in the mouth.

-Charlie.

No comments: