The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chuck's Corner Madness

I have been having trouble deciding what I wanted to do with the NCAA Tournament because last year my hands were tied being in the Dominican Republic for the first two rounds of the tournament.   This first post will be some general thoughts on the tournament this season with my Final Four, then picks for all of the regions, and then the big one... a live blog all weekend. 

I will update as much as it's needed with day sessions and night sessions until drinking takes precedence.  People who plan to be apart of the live blog... Eric, Fant, Seet, B-Squared, Doz, Gpa Dan, and Nate Dawg plus anyone who decides to comment, tweet, or talk to me on Facebook with different questions.    I cannot wait to try it out and see it works, who knows. 

This has been the first time in a long time that I haven't spent the first two days of the week overthinking every move comparable to me talking to a fine young lady on a Saturday night. I also think this has something to do with that I am scared making any picks because I can make arguments for both teams.  There are not many slam dunk games.

I think the committee this year screwed up the seeding with giving Kansas the tough as nails Midwest bracket. Ohio State and Georgetown to many people were considered to be possible picks for the Final Four. Not to mention, there were guys like me who really liked Maryland's chances.  Guess what, they are all in the same bracket. 

Then you bless Duke with Villanova who has been subpar down the stretch and I worry that have peaked already. Also the blessing extended to Syracuse who got Kansas State who hasn't played well minus the conference tournament.   Many teams seemed upset with the way things went down and I think this shakeup will lead to a few more upsets than expected.  

There is a part of me that sees no one seeds could make the Final Four.  I think there is not one clear cut team like 2005, 2008 North Carolina, 2005 Illinois (would have won the National Champioship any other year, 2000 Michigan State, and many others.  I would compare this to the year MSU won it all when you had two 8 seeds and 5 seed make the Final Four.  I feel like something nuts like that could happen this year.

My final four... I don't have it.  I want to say Ohio State makes it but here's the thing in no way I can crown the Buckeyes my National Champion, nor can I make the Kentucky Wildcats, my National Champion.  Ohio State is the only team I have really liked all year and Kansas is the safe pick to win it all, I don't want to go safely. 

I am sure after I make my picks I will know for certain.  

-Charlie.

No comments: