The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, March 22, 2010

Sunday Observations: Love Lucious, Hate for Kramer, and a Perfect Final Four

Welcome back to the observations, I could not do it yesterday because I went on a complete Badger tangent that people decided was worthwhile enough to comment on.  Thanks for the criticism, I love it and use it, but comment on other things that are less controversal!  Call me out on my BS again if you would like, I would try to defend it!

I watched the finish of the Maryland-Michigan State game with B-Squared and honestly, we both were pulling hard for the Maryland Terps.  First, I wanted to help save my bracket and second,  to not give Eric the joy of seeing Tom Izzo in another Sweet 16.  Grevis Vasquez, I realize most of you hate him but seriously, you have to give the guy credit for leading this amazing comeback in the last two minutes.  Then Korie Lucious, pride and joy of Milwaukee, Wisconsin took the final shot and I wanted him so bad to make the final shot. It's pretty cool seeing a guy who played the same year that you graduate and knew all about his ballyhooed career starting in his freshman year of high school. I thought it was a great moment and hope that Lucious can lead his team far without Kalin Lucus. 

I know Badger fans that we disagree on many things, but can we agree that Chris Kramer of Purdue is the biggest tool this side of the Mississippi?  There are so many reasons why I hate this guy... first of all, he doesn't look like a basketball player rather a country-club kid who found a basketball court. Second of all, the way he carries himself bothers me probably the most, which I agree is somewhat weird since I usually love the cocky pricks on the court yet he seems to be worst than most.  Third, he gels his hair, there should be a rule that no player non-foreign should ever gel their hair on the basketball court, it's not needed.  Finally, the reason for the rant is he nailed the game-winner against Texas A&M knocking out another Sweet 16 team.

Finally I am close to last in both of my brackets BUT I have the entire Final Four correct so far and all of them looked damn good on Sunday. Syracuse (my champion) is showing why their 2-3 zone may break the balls of every team they play and if they rain threes like Sunday... rut roh.  Ohio State just doing work in two games, nothing more nothing less.  West Virginia is excelling from the play of Da'Sean Bulter who had 30 on Sunday keep winning too.  The last team is the team no one is talking about... Duke. Brian Zoubek is a beast inside now and the Big 3 is hard to contain.

-Charlie.

2 comments:

Doz said...

Hey good choice picking Syracuse as National Champion... maybe you should write a column about how Big East fans should expect more out of their conference instead of worrying about what Badger fans expect. Face the facts... since the Big East expanded they havn't had a team even appear in a National Championship game. Oh and out of the 37 teams that they have sent to the tournament, only two have made the Final 4 since expansion(That includes 6 #1 seeds and numerous other teams that were seeded higher than 4 btw.) Talk about a conference underachieving as a whole.. you had 8 teams in the tournament this year who were given 6 seeds or better and only one team is still in the tournament. Argue that all you want, but you know it's a huge embarrassment as much as I do. Big East fans are just too ignorant to face the facts, that their super-conference hasn't lived up to the hype in the NCAA tournament. Great regular season conference I have ever seen for sure though. So focus on something that you actually follow, know your facts, and don't write about a team you really don't know that much about.

Anonymous said...

listen to this guy, I am sure his bracket was perfect along with that one kid who had down syndrome or whatever was on espn

I read the original post, Chuck was talking about a 9 year span if I read correctly, not the past four years. But judging your character by your post I am guessing you will come up with some more obscure statistics that don't prove much more than the Tournament is completely different from the regular season, so congrats on winning nothing :)