The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Live Blog: Thursday Afternoon Session Part II

I decided this has to be split up into four parts because I write a lot of random shit.  Anyways, what a first round of games. Everything you could ask for. I went 2/3, thanks Notre Dame and I thought Bob Morris was hitting that final shot. 

2:20: Sam Houston State-Baylor we are at, there is a player for the Bearkats that has some sweet Kurt Rambis' goggles.  

2:22: Anthony Johnson for Baylor is a BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAN POOLE

2:23:  I might have to cheer on the Bearkats in honor of those glasses, so great.   Also why do they use a k instead of a c, dont know many cats that start with k. 

2:30: Clemente drills a three to lead off our second game.  Mitchy from the Daily Dose will be taking over for an hour or so.

2:31:  Baylor off to a slow start, anyone think they were reading the clippings about everybody loving their chances. 

2:32: Jacob Pullen is the man. He has a great beard and Frank Martin is an intense man.  I wouldn't want to piss him off.

2:35: Of course, Mitch wouldn't answer his phone.  Looking for volunteers right now. Take that back, he answered... we are good to go.  The blog will never die!!!!

2:38: Pretty poor slate of games,  Vanderbilt down at halftime which I am not surprised by one bit, North Texas-KState close early, same with the BearKats and Baylor.

2:49: Charlie's out for a beezy ass lab or some bull. It's a ya boy Mitch from the Daily Dose. So far I'm 2/3 in the games that have gone final. Gal darn Old Dominion is killin' me.

3:05: Naturally my computer decides to act funny, but we should be alright now. St. Mary's and Richmond are underway and SMC is getting a great effort from big man Omar Samhan thus far. K-State hasn't had a whole lot of trouble from North Texas yet either.

3:09: Vandy can't seem to get it going against Murray State. That could mean a second loss for me. Meanwhile, K-State is on its way to our first blowout of the tourney. I've been waiting. Curly thinks he's cool by "calling" this one. Problem is he probably didn't even know KSU was in the Big Dance.

3:23: Halftime of the KState/N. Texas game. KState by a comfortable margin. Vanderbilt has just taken the lead over Murray State on the wings of a Brad Tinsley 3-pointer.

3:27: Check that. Murray State is back on top after a couple real quick buckets. Shucky darns. Richmond and SMC is going to turn out to be a nice one.

3:34: A.J. Ogilvy misses the second of two free throws. Vandy trails by one with 1:36 to go. Going to be a great finish.

3:41: This is going to be an epic finish in this Vandy/Murray State game. Go Vandy!

3:45: We get our first buzzer-beater of the year. Had I picked Murray State, it would have the other way around. FML. Murray State wins it 66-65 in the most dramatic of fashions.

3:52: I now shift my full and undivided to the Baylor/SHSU game. Baylor has a four point lead with 2 minutes to go. Another tight one in N'awlins.

4:00: Well, for the sake of the residents of 223 Broadway it's a good thing Baylor hung on. Now it's almost time for the annual Oprah break. Don't get me started on that. We're probably going to miss the finish of a great SMC/Richmond game because of it.

4:08: Charlie should be returning momentarily. We saw some great action in the past hour together. May there be many more great moments. I hope SMC is able to hold on here against Richmond that would help me out. God bless.

4:39: Well I am screwed.  Two of my sweet 16 team looks like they are out of there.  Vandy's end ran out on a buzzer-beater and Richmond is getting beat.

4:47: I would like to echo Mitchell on the fact I do not get to watch UTEP-Butler because we have to watch the news, kinda pulling for Butler now knowing that people had the 12/13 combination.  By the way, the road for Syracuse got even easier. 

4:48: The only reason why its a good thing, I can get a case of beer, handle of cheap vodka, and some grub for tonight/tomorrow. 

4:49: Pumped for Marquette tonight, this thing will be updated a lot and also watch out for Ohio tonight. I dont know just have a feeling.

1 comment:

Franz said...

Hi Chuck,

I recently stumbled across your blog the other day, and I really like your stuff. However, from a reader's perspective the logo was a HUGE turn-on. The mixture of colored triangles and capital and lower case letters was very exciting. And it takes a lot to impress a gay person like myself!!!!! The layout is tremendous and the logo is even better. Keep up the good work, Chuck! And if you could put me in touch with your graphic designer, I would really like to talk to him/her about designing a layout and logo for my blog that I will soon start. Thanks Again

Franz Le Blanc

GLBTequalityandathleticsblog@yahoo.com