The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Week One Wrap-Up: Crazier Than Kanye

Basically this is going to be my weekly wrap-up on Monday Night/Tuesday Morning for all of you and the main focus will be on the Green Bay Packers yet I will give a bunch of quick hitters about all the games that were significant. Quick opinion on Kanye West... Yes he is an asshole but haven't we known that for years since his rise to popularity. Also he was doing pulls out of a Cognac bottle therefore people do dumb shit when they are drunk. Now on to the NFL...

Oh my, what a weekend it was and we will start where it matters the Green Bay Packers who were playing their arch-rivals the Chicago Bears. Every Bears fan was trash-talking this whole summer about Jay Cutler and the future of their franchise.. blah blah blah. How about we talk about the Packer defense that took the ball away four times from Cutler? Okay. They looked awesome sending pressure from everywhere and you could tell that Cutler was flustered (see Clay Matthews punking him). Minus Atari Bigby's injury (sprained knee), I cannot find one concern about the defense. They played magnificent.

The offense side was rattled by the new look Bears defense who were very good until losing Brian Urlacher (more to come). Also the offense plan seemed weird at times throwing long balls at times not needed and relying on the run too much. Thats the end of my rant though because when its all said and done Aaron Rodgers hit Greg Jennings deep for the game-winning score. I also think the Pack need to reconsider Allen Barbre at Right Tackle, give it another game because Adewale Ogunleye is one of the best so maybe its makes him stronger who knows.

Finally, I really like that Aaron Rodgers won the game for the Packers. As my roommates and I all agreed no one can complain about A-Rod not being clutch or Mike McCarthy's play calling late in the game. I hope all the fans became believers last night.

Quick Thoughts on the rest of the NFL...

-I dont care what my roommate Brett says.... Jake Delhomme is now in the twilight of his career and I think he is lasting only one/two more games as a starter. Panthers will end up 8-8 at best.

-Donovon McNabb injury will hurt for one week or so which I really dont think hurts them. In addition, it has nothing to do with his arm.

-Bears fans it could be a long year when you had Super Bowl in your eyes. Losing Brian Urlacher for the season is like losing Tom Brady yet there is no Matt Cassel in Chi-City.

-Great Monday Night Football games today. Buffalo once again chokes which is the story of their lives but I was impressed with their young o-line/Fred Jackson. Tom Brady and the young defense should be fine. The team who had the biggest impact on me was Oakland who were the best I have seen them in many years. They might surprised a couple teams, we will see.

-Very impressed with San Francisco, New York Giants Defense, Dallas Offense.

-Charlie.

No comments: