The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, September 24, 2009

I Am In Need of a Dorlean

Man I hate to say that I told you so but.... I told you so about Anthony Smith. Now that both of our safeties are banged up and add to the fact, the Packers finally figured out that Aaron Rouse is washed up. Why on earth didn't we keep Anthony Smith? I really hope this is a big question at the end of the season to Ted Thompson.

I am not one to criticize the management especially with the Green Bay Packers but this one falls slowly on the Thompson/Mike McCarthy. I have no idea why Anthony Smith wasn't kept. I have a few reasons why he should have been.

1. Bigby's sudden injury proneness- I am starting to fall out flavor with Bigby because he can throw around the hard hits but Bigby gets hurt more than Eric is wrong. Therefore thats a lot for those who do not know E. He even got banged up around training camp and I really do believe the Bigby experiment will be done after 09.

2. Aaron Rouse- He sucked in preseason due to the fact he had a hamstring injury throughout the whole training camp. Once again, why wasn't he the one cut instead of Smith?! I do not get it whatsoever. The middle was like a parting of the red sea from the linebacker to the safeties with Rouse back there. Then we cut him in the third week. Awesome.

3. He knows the 3-4- He played for the Pittsburgh Steelers for many years therefore he knows how to play the system unlike the guys we have out there. Cmon Ted this seems way too simple.

No comments: