The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Andre Smith: The Disaster of the 09 Draft?

I think one of the more interesting stories in the past couple of days has been Cincinnati Bengals' offensive tackle Andre Smith who was the sixth-pick in the 2009 NFL Draft and the same guy who made you think... this guy is really in the NFL when he ran with his shirt off. Now he held out for about a month before signing a deal with the Bengals due to Cincy wanted to have a 350 pound weight limit which Smith didn't want for good reason. He weighed in on Monday at 364 pounds which will cost him some money and now he has fractured his foot.

Now I was once a big guy not as big as Smith but things like foot injuries take a long time to recover for bigger men. They say he will miss the first game and maybe the next which I doubt will be true. I have a feeling that he will be gone until the end of the month. In addition, that probably means that he might not be in "football shape" until about Thanksgiving or later. This has top 10 bust written all of him.

I am not saying that I warned about Smith. I was very adamant about the Green Bay Packers not drafting this guy. To me, it seems like he is all about himself and not about the team. He is immature to say the least, Smith was the same guy who skipped out on Alabama's bowl game by hiring agent. I honestly believe that was Smith being selfish at best. Like I said before, nothing can convinced me otherwise that Smith will be out of the league in five years due to weight issues.

-Charlie.

No comments: