The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, September 21, 2009

USC Hates Grudge Music

Now I do not know if that's true at all but I feel the title is fitting because the Trojans cannot win in the Pacific Northwest for whatever reason. I have a theory personally and I feel its very fitting with what went on.

At first when I saw Erik Folk hit the field goal that toppled the mighty Trojans, I thought well you really cannot blame this lost on USC. They didn't have Matt Barkley, Taylor Mays, they had a sick Joe McKnight, and it was a cold/rainy day in Seattle. Then I came to a realization today, even with all those aspects there should be no reason why the Trojans should lose to the Washington Huskies.

Now people were making a big deal about the fact they were 0-12 last year. I say bullshit because they played teams like Oklahoma, tough one-point loss to BYU, and Notre Dame plus add to the fact, the team gave up on Tyrone Willingham all make for disaster. In addition, Jake Locker is a year older who might be one of the more underrated players in the nation.

Still, I think the Trojans shouldn't have loss on Saturday and Pete Carroll has to fall on some of the blame. He is one of my all time favorite coaches but I feel that he might be too loose for his own good. Carroll seems like the one guy who I would want play for but I think players become too content with the name. Now the Trojans will likely end up in the Rose Bowl again which is still a great honor but doesn't it become tiring after awhile?

-Charlie.

No comments: