The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Shawne Merriman Roided Out Again...

We can file this one under "What I learned from Twitter." I saw that San Diego Chargers' Linebacker Shawne Merriman was the top trending topic on Twitter today and for those who dont know how the website works, "trending topic" is whatever most people on the site are talking about. I figured he just did some dumb promotion shit for himself because he's fairly involved with Twitter but I was wrong.


It appears last night that Merriman choked out his girlfriend who just happens to be Tila Tequila. Yes the one that looks liek Gizmo from the Germlins but all kidding aside this was the last thing the San Diego Chargers want/need right now heading into the season next week. Now he has claimed that she was drunk and he was preventing her from driving. Well that is thoughtful of Merriman but then tell me why she had to go to the hospital?

Unless she was just hammered, there would have been no reason for Tequila to end up there. I personally believe that Merriman should at least be suspended four games for this but I know that unless he is guilty of all this it will not mean shit to Roger Goodell. Why you ask? Well disgruntled Denver Bronco Receiver Brandon Marshall had a couple domestic disputes and it only landed him a one-game suspension, go figure.

-Charlie

No comments: