The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Rut Roh Oklahoma

I dont even have to start my first paragraph with a rut roh for the Oklahoma Sooners because we all know that they are in deep trouble right now. They were apart of the biggest shocker of college football this Saturday as they fell to #20 BYU by a point as they lost their Heisman quarterback Sam Bradford to a sprained AC Joint on his throwing shoulder. Two words for any OU fans: Not good.

My roommate E was relishing in the moment of Bradford going down (not that he condones injury) because in his opinion, he had "Matt Leinart Disease" which I am now trademarking for the blog giving E credit every time I use it. Bradford had to come back to try to win a National Championship which I respect and love about him (same with Colt McCoy) although now it looks real bad with this injury usually leaving someone out for 2-4 weeks.

The Sooners probably feel that playing in new Cowboy Stadium is a complete curse and they play another one there against Texas in a month. As Floyd Money Merriweather said "Step your game up!" but seriously things couldn't have gotten off to a worse start for the Boomer Sooner. They can take care of Idaho State without Bradford but Tulsa is not a complete pushover. Oklahoma needs him ready for Miami on the third of October.

Also you have to give props to BYU. I know I have been extra hard on the Mountain West throughout the past couple of years but now with this win plus Utah defeat of Alabama last year, you have to respect their conference. They have some good teams that I think can play with the big boys once a year. I am not saying they should all join the Pac-10 but they deserve more respect than the nation is giving them. BYU has a very tough road ahead of them playing most of their challenging games on the road this year but who knows they might find themselves in the BCS.

-Charlie.

No comments: